Titans Bring Back Tye Smith

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Dangermode, Apr 21, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Young54

Young54 Starter

Agreed, doesn't move the needle for our CB need, but I do think this means JRob doesn't think Logan is coming back. If they really were close or still considering him, this signing could of waited or not happened at all. I'm not saying Smith replaces Logan's role, but I think we go CB in rounds 1 or 2 an let him walk. Let the Jet's overpay for him.

• Cheers Cheers x 1
  2. Ontario Titan

Ontario Titan Pro Bowler

The cap going up next year makes sense why for sure...kind of like they are betting on themselves, have a good year and sign a bigger deal next year

• Hit the Target Hit the Target x 1
  3. Young54

Young54 Starter

Yea. Especially for a role player like Smith, who might think/hope he has a larger role without Logan, Sims, Brock, and possibly only competing with a rookie.

• Cheers Cheers x 1
    • Hit the Target Hit the Target x 1
  4. LANGSTER

LANGSTER Pro Bowler

We will see what happens, but in this economic climate I would not bank on the cap going up next year.

5. Tricky

Tricky Starter

I dont think it has anything to do with the economy. The players bargained for the a larger piece of the pie, so the cap is going up. Also, it always goes up.

6. Mitch86

Mitch86 Pro Bowler

Cap goes up according to revenue. If the season is shortened or fans don't show up, revenue won't go up and the cap won't increase.

• High Five High Five x 1
  7. Vorsutus

Vorsutus Starter

The only problem with this is the cap is based on league revenue. The tv deals are set in Stone but everything else can fluctuate. It has gone up and up for many reasons. If no1 is buying tickets or going out to buy gear since they can't work it could stagnate or even go down.

Before covid there was no reason to suspect it would not jump but now it is a odd question.

8. LANGSTER

LANGSTER Pro Bowler

Bet this tv deal will not be what they expect and the economy is everything

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar