Titans Bring Back Tye Smith

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Dangermode, Apr 21, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dangermode

Dangermode A New Era has Begun

Love this signing. Tye got opportunities last year and mad the most of them. Remember when the Colts were about to take the lead late in the 4th quarter and then this happened...

And then on the next series, the Colts were driving again and Tye Smith forced a fumble.

Then in Oakland, Smith forced a fumble on tight end which was recovered by teammate Jayon Brown who returned the ball for a 46 yard touchdown.

All around a great signing for CB depth and special teams.

• Cheers Cheers x 2
  2. Johnnyb

Johnnyb RTR

Good guy to bring back as a 4th/5th CB who can play special teams. Also good to have a guy who's been around the team and knows our D already since it's looking like the offseason is going to be condensed into almost nothing.

This doesn't move the needle as far as our needs at CB though. Not just for the 3rd CB spot this year, but also to find Butler's replacement for next year.

• Hit the Target Hit the Target x 2
  3. JVC34

JVC34 Special Teams Standout

Love this signing also, and remember that big play....certainly a turning point in a pivotal game, against a club that has had our number.

4. Dangermode

Exactly. Tye is a great 5th, good 4th CB. Would love to still add our new 3rd and 4th guys in the draft/FA.

5. HurrayTitans!

HurrayTitans! Useless trivia knowledge champion

I like it. I thought Brock was better but I like the move to address CB depth now. Focus that draft on pass rush and OL.

6. Ontario Titan

Ontario Titan Pro Bowler

Why only a 1 year deal? He's only 26 and starting to contribute, why not lock him up for a couple of years? I'm sure he's not getting big $

7. Zappa71

Zappa71 MYAAAH!

Yay

8. Dangermode

For whatever reason, we’re seeing ALOT of one year deals this offseason. Either the Titans plan to binge and then purge, or the players know the cap is going way up next season so no one wants to do a long term deal.

• Cheers Cheers x 1
  9. Vorsutus

Vorsutus Starter

This is what I think.

10. Dangermode

In 217 snaps last season, PFF gave Tye Smith a 71.9 grade. Good for 23rd overall in the NFL.

• Informative Informative x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar