Titans Biggest Mistake?

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Cronus31, Mar 15, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RTH

RTH Meh...

Not bad... considering we've had ****** since McNair.

• Hit the Target Hit the Target x 3
  2. HurrayTitans!

HurrayTitans! Useless trivia knowledge champion

Pretty good about it. Henry is the focal point so above avg play from THill is where we need him to be. He doesn’t need to be MVP level or even really all-pro level.

overall, way more confident with THill than with MM.

• High Five High Five x 2
  3. The Hammer

The Hammer Ace Degenerate

That is a TR level OP, you should be ashamed of yourself, you are better than that

4. Mitch86

Mitch86 Pro Bowler

If he can be consistently above average for 2 more years, he'll be a Titans all time great QB. Lol.

I don't know what to expect and that worries me... But inconsistency and injuries have plagued Titans QBs for so long that above average would be GREAT.

• High Five High Five x 1
  5. CalgaryTitansFan

CalgaryTitansFan Pro Bowler

I'd agree. Things would be different if we had a pass rush. Bringing in the whole offense less Conklin is pretty good. Add some defensive pieces and this teams window is truly open. Add to that, that to date, the rest of the AFCS has gotten worse. Well maybe not the Colts, they got Buckner.

6. Tricky

Tricky Starter

Colts have a lot of money and are going to have a better QB. Itll be between us and them. Texans are dropping off quick. Especially after 2020 when they have to sign Watson

• Hit the Target Hit the Target x 1
  7. cozmicfool

cozmicfool Starter

I'd be fine. The deal does cost the team a ton where it will hurt their efforts to build and get better. Yeah it would suck to sign the wrong guy as a high value player, but in what scenario doesn't that suck? Lol

I think how this team fairs moving forward is more on how Smith continues to improve, Vrabel handles the defense (talk about the monkey in the room), and JR continues to secure above average talent. I know that's a lot, but I do think they are more influential long term. If those things continue to get well, the team will be fine even if we have to move a different direction in 2 years. The new QB will come into a relativelty stacked team.

I personally agree with the deal Tanny got. We know he can operate the scheme we want to run at a very high level when things are clicking. Now that we've seen it on film and in games it's up to coaching to keep it consistent. Who's to say any other option could operate the system better? Anyone who suggest that is projecting and projecting tends to hurt you more than not. If you have a QB you know can operate your system at a high level you keep them.

That's just my thoughts anyway.

Side note: I love how the Titans was an afterthought all year, now the media is on the bandwagon saying oh those Titans were loaded last year, just swap the QB and that's a superbowl team (). That's risky business because the team sparked because of Tannehill. As much as I LOVE Henry I think Henry went off because the system clicked. Tannehill hit all the throws Mariota missed forcing defenses backwards some which allowed Henry to go off. You'll never know who influenced one more than the other, but its certainly isnt a coincidence that Henry went off the same time Tannehill was inserted. All I know is from the very first pass Tannehill threw to Corey Davis across the middle after Mariota was benched I turned to a friend during that game and said THAT is what the Titans have been missing fearlessness from the QB and arm strength.

Whew and I ranted...either way here's to hoping! Lol

8. Thanos22

Thanos22 Rookie

Terrible cause Brady just signed 2 years for 60 mil. He was cheaper than tannenhill and will most likely win a superbowl in the next 2 seasons.

• LOL LOL x 1
    • WTF?! WTF?! x 1
  9. Tricky

Tricky Starter

Brady is reportedly making 60m over the next 2 years, 30m/yr.
    Tannehill is making 22.5 in 2020 and 29.5 in 2021.
    I'm no mathematician but...

• LOL LOL x 1
  10. Rwill

Rwill Pro Bowler

If the post itself didnt prove something... the math definitely proves something..

Can you guess what it proves?

• LOL LOL x 2
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar