Titans Best WR Signs with Vikings

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by VondyP, Mar 25, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Carp

Carp Starter

That would be true if Sharpe were a starting WR. He isn't. He was, at best, the 4th best WR on the team.

1.5 million is pretty insignificant. I don't think arguing the merits of which back-up level player was worth more is a argument worth having. Both players are easily replaceable. But I'm guessing we valued Pruitt's ability as a blocker, since he's the best blocking TE we had on the team last year.

#81 Carp, Mar 26, 2020
    Last edited: Mar 26, 2020
    • Bullsh*t Bullsh*t x 1
    • Hit the Target Hit the Target x 1
  2. Ontario Titan

Ontario Titan Pro Bowler

Don't forget the 1 mil for the "special teams ace"..Maybe they offered but Sharpe didn't want to be a Titan?

• LOL LOL x 1
  3. titanthakur

titanthakur Pro Bowler

And MyCole Pruitt is at best the 3rd string Tight End on the team.

• Troll Troll x 1
  4. Vorsutus

Vorsutus Starter

I didn't say that. Idk why he let him go. I said I would have given sharpe 2mil when I heard his deal.

5. Statz916

Statz916 Starter

Sharpe sucks. Who cares if its a million or free. Hes a 4th tier WR who couldn't beat the ppl in front of him. He had some solid catches but most pros should. The fact he couldn't out beat Eric Decker,Batson,Jennings,Raymond,Taylor, even a hurt Humphries, shows exactly what he is.

His best yr he was targeted 84x for 522yards 2 TDs. I guess for 1 mill contract hes fine but the fact hes lost to everyone on our roster for a starting spot when it was considered a weakness a few yrs back is good enough for him to walk IMO.

• High Five High Five x 1
    • Bullsh*t Bullsh*t x 1
    • Cheers Cheers x 1
  6. Carp

Carp Starter

Not necessarily true. In obvious running formations, he is pretty much always in the game. Pruitt was our best blocking TE by a good bit last year. For a run first team, good blocking TEs are fairly important.

7. HurrayTitans!

HurrayTitans! Useless trivia knowledge champion

But not at blocking I guess. In that department, Sharpe must have been about 10th string.
    Exotic smash mouth (Vrabel version) needs blockers.

8. CalgaryTitansFan

CalgaryTitansFan Pro Bowler

For that price, we definitely should have matched. But the key is that doesn't mean he'd sign. I'm sure he'd much rather the opportunity to be the #2 there, vs being the #4 here.

• Cheers Cheers x 1
  9. titanthakur

titanthakur Pro Bowler

now hold on let’s get the facts straight. Sharpe got hurt in preseason and didn’t play one game the year decker was here so you’re wrong on that one.

sharpe had more yards more touchdowns more catches than batson the year he was here so you’re wrong on that one.

sharpe had more yards touchdowns and catches than Darius Jennings while he was in Tennessee so you’re wrong on that one.

Tajae Sharpe had more receptions touchdowns and yards than Kalif Raymond had while they were both members of the Titans so you’re wrong on that one.

tajae sharpe had more touchdowns than taywan Taylor but Taylor had more receptions and yards than sharpe so I’ll give you that one.

tajae sharpe had more touchdowns and yards per reception than Adam humphries but hump had more yards so I’ll give you that one.

you be wrong about a ton of stuff you post here bro stick to Shoutbox where people can’t check the bs you spit.

• Troll Troll x 1
  10. CalgaryTitansFan

CalgaryTitansFan Pro Bowler

LMAO, so triggered.

Remember that year when Sharp was a starter here. Remember how bad that offense was? Yeah, that's really something I'd like to go back to....

Look it's simple, he feels he's better than a WR4. Minni was willing to give him a cheap 1 yr prove it deal. God forbid this Titans franchise has finally improved a bit to the point where we don't have to hold onto WR scraps. I'd of resigned him to that price absolutely... in Madden..... Where what the player wants doesn't matter. But this is real life, players have wants too.

• High Five High Five x 1
    • Bullsh*t Bullsh*t x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar