Titans @ Bengals Postgame Thread

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by TitanJeff, Nov 25, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

Funny thing is, we'll get to hear Fisher talk about how great the Bengals are, and how close we were to so many plays. I wish for once he'd man up and just say 'we sucked. And I'm going to start thumping heads. The coaches sucked. The players sucked, and it's going to change.'

BUT he won't. He'll act like it was a close game, and like everything is great in titanland.

2. Hoffa

Hoffa Freak you you freakin' freak

Now there's no need to go jumping off the wagon just yet. We are in a pretty good position to make the playoffs, they just need to get the D back in line, the schedule is not that hard.
    And we've had more embarrassing losses than this and come back.

3. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

My thoughts.

35-6.

I've never seen a team plunge like the Titans have the last three weeks. I had no doubt they overachieved the first half of the season but they're now getting beaten in all phases of the game and it isn't even close.

The problem is I don't see any quick fixes. The running game is pathetic and I see as many problems on the OL as I do the RBs. They aren't getting a push when they need it. I used to think Bell was a long-term investment and I'm not sure anymore. Mawae is beginning to look old. When you can't run on third-and-one or punch a ball in occasionally in the red zone, you have major issues. This was one of the worst run defenses in the league as the Broncos were last week.

The Titans have one starting WR worth anything (Gage) and he needs to be a #2. Scaife is a backup TE. There are simply not enough weapons and Young isn't ready to take this team on his shoulders. If he makes more than 25 attempts, the Titans will lose 99% of the time.

Defensively, the Titans are getting nothing from the DT spot right now. Veal and Starks won't be in the league next year. Without Haynesworth, Brown is average. They were blown of the ball all day today. I don't see the Titans winning again as long as Haynesworth is out. When a body gets out on Thornton, he's useless. Fowler isn't close to what the Titans need in the middle either. Bulluck even looks a step late. They can't get off the field on third down.

For those of you who think the blitz cures everything, you saw how ineffective it is against max protect. Palmer carved them alive repeatedly. Our entire secondary was torched at points today including Finnegan and Griffin. Without a pass rush, this unit is mediocre at best. The play of the DL the first half of the season cover this unit's problems.

Fisher needs to do something to stop the bleeding. The only time I saw intensity today was after KVB's sack which led to the missed FG. I don't see players swarming to the ball. The swagger is gone. Fisher better find some answers. The team I saw today will be lucky to win two more games.

The word "playoffs" shouldn't be uttered again until '08. Running the football needs to be the main focus for the rest of '07.

4. Deuce Wayne

We're almost in 4th place in our division. A good position to make playoffs? The Titans play in the AFC.

5. Hoffa

Very possible that the two wildcard spots could come out of our division, so yes, we are in a good position. We're just one game out now.

6. Ryan

Ryan FREE WILLY!!!

My summary of Jeffs post

"We suck"

7. kak23

kak23 Camp Fodder

No, we are not in a good position to make the playoffs, we are now hoping for us to win most, if not all, of our remaining games with help from other teams losing. That is not a good position, especially with the way the Titans have been playing. Also, admittedly the defense has been horrible, but the dropped passes are also a culprit of mediocrity. Number 10 needs help, No matter who you are, without help, you will not win.

8. Deuce Wayne

Alright, but with:
    Houston (probably a loss)
    San Diego (loss)
    Kansas City (win, maybe)
    NYJ (win)
    Colts (loss)
    all ahead. I don't think 8-8 is going to get it.

9. Hoffa

Well, you should always hope the Titans win most of their games to make the playoffs. Nothing new there. And they don't need help from other teams losing, they just need to make up 1 game on Cleveland. Very doable, and a lot better position than we've been in for a while, so I still think you're going all :whoop: :whoop: a bit premature.

10. BigRed3

BigRed3 Straight Cash, Homey

Seems like the perfect time to break this one out....

<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/Qwq7BYOnDrM&rel=1"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/Qwq7BYOnDrM&rel=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar