Titans back in playoff race (for now)

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by JCBRAVE, Nov 12, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

Sure I can.

I have a standard, one that both you and I agree isn't being filled these days, but instead of looking down on things, I'm choosing to look at the bright side of it, and see how it plays out. It's more fun that way. I'm not thrilled with being 4-6 but it's better than being 3-7.

You be sad and alone, proclaim you were the first to say we suck, IDK. I'll ride this out with the other happy fans and see where it goes.

• High Five High Five x 3
  2. SlidePiece

SlidePiece Starter

Go for it then. Go have your party, but don't come crying when we lose to the Jags after the bye.

3. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

I promise I will not cry.

4. The Playmaker

The Playmaker pineapple pizza party

Colts (6-3)
    @NE
    BUF
    @DET
    TEN
    @Hou
    @KC
    HOU

Steelers (5-3)
    KC
    BAL
    @CLE
    @BAL
    SD
    @DAL
    CIN
    CLE

Chargers (4-5)
    @DEN
    BAL
    CIN
    @PIT
    CAR
    @NYJ
    OAK

Bengals (4-5)
    @KC
    OAK
    @SD
    DAL
    @PHI
    @PIT
    BAL

5. xpmar9x

xpmar9x The Real Slim Shady

Right now Pit & Indy are wildcard teams.

Indys remaining: @NE, Buf, @Det, TN, @Hou,@ KC, Hou
    Only "easy" game is KC. If Buf plays like they did yesterday vs NE, they could win. Every other team will be a challenge for the young Colts. I can see them easily going 1-6, absolute best case dream scenario (for them) is 5-2. Note: They do play Hou Wk17, Texans could be resting players.

Pits remaining: v KC, v Balt, @Cle, @Balt, v SD, @ Dal, v Cin, v Cle
    Pretty up and down schedule. Can Balt sweep them, and watch out for Dal/Cin making playoff pushes and playing tough. Note: We have the tie-breaker (head to head) vs Pit, that might be HUGE.

Cincy, Miami, and San Diego are the other teams we need to root against. Sadly, SD has out tie-breaker and we have Miamis. I see NYJ, Oak, Buffalo, Cleveland, KC, Jax out of the race. San Deigo has been playing terrible football, So I see them sliding. Cincys last 4 are tough, easily could go 0-4. Miami has SEA, NE x2, and SF remaining as some tough games.

We need to go ATLEAST 9-7. But, I think that Indy game is going to come back to haunt us. We dominated all game, and let it slip away. Would of put us at 5-5, Indy at 5-4. We'd be the first team out of the AFC right now. Ugh.

6. The Playmaker

-I have the Colts at 9-7 but hoping Detroit takes them to 8-8.
    -Steelers at 10-6 unless they drop one of those toss up games at home.
    -Chargers at 8-8 but maybe the Jets at home can beat them.
    -Bengals around 6-10 or 7-9, tough stretch for them.

My predictions will probably suck in a few weeks but we're definitely going to need some help. Oakland can definitely help us out if they get their crap together and maybe the Browns can slip one past the Steelers.

7. xpmar9x

Gotta win the 2nd matchup vs. Indy. If we both end up 9-7, I believe we'd get it in due to strength of schedule. Can't confirm that though.

8. The Playmaker

The Colts game is a must win, lose that and we're out for sure.

9. The Playmaker

Are we a long shot? Sure but we're sitting better than the Chargers and Bengals, we just have to hope the Steelers or Colts fall which is very possible.

10. xpmar9x

The positive:

Win the Colts game, and we have the tie-breaker
    We already beat the Steelers, just need them to start losing (their schedule is favorable though)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar