Titans Attempting to Reach Deal with Bennett and Wade

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by goTitans.com, Feb 24, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. goTitans.com

goTitans.com A living legend. Staff

SUMMARY: With the free agency period just a few days away, Titans GM Mike Reinfeldt is talking to the agents of both WRs Drew Bennett and Bobby Wade about long-term deals. Coach Jeff Fisher feels it is crucial that his team keep at least one of them. "It would be huge for us," Fisher said. "We're in discussions with Drew and we'll just see where it goes. Both of them indicated to us that they want to come back. They're both great in the locker room, but Bobby is exceptional. He's a very popular guy who's made a lot of plays for us."

What do you think about this article? Post your comments below.

2. Riverman

Riverman That may be.... Tip Jar Donor

I'm sure Bennett will have trouble catching what MR is saying to him.

3. GOFIGURETITANS

GOFIGURETITANS Pro Bowler

I think Wade is the one we should keep. Ya, Bennet has made some good plays, he's also made some boneheads. If he doesn't settle for #2 money than I say lose him. Bobby Wade, IMO, will be our #2 behind Jones if Jones steps up in the long run.

4. Architect

Architect Pain Train

Agreed! Let Bennett go..... this would be so much easier to evaluate if we only knew how Givens will produce for us

5. Jwill1919

Jwill1919 Coach

I think it is crucial for us to sign both of these guys. Consistency and longevity at the WR position is vital for VY's maturation and development. Wade and Bennett are two totally different recievers. Wade will never be a #2, nor an outside reciever, he is built for the slot, quick and shifty. Bennett, we need because of his athleticism and is down the field ability, he needs to start to catch more than he drops though.

My prediction is that Drew Bennett ends up in San Diego with the Chargers and Billy Volek. If this happens, I don't see us filling his spot easily at all.

6. Matty

Matty Guest

keep Wade get rid of Bennett

IMO Wade is an excellent prospect at WR and Bennett is just to inconsistent!

7. nigel

nigel Back on the bus

I think it's a lot more likely we get something done with Wade before March 1 then Bennett. He'll be cheaper, and Drew seems to want to test the free agency waters.

8. PitBull

PitBull Bred to Brawl

So in other words, "Bennett is great in the locker room, but bobby might be better on the field."

9. DeutschTitan

DeutschTitan Camp Fodder

I also think it's more likely Wade stays and Bennett leaves. Bennett has been good for us, but he's going to want to cash in this year. From the looks of it, however, Reindfelt doesn't appear to be one of those guys to take crap from these pre-madonna players (i.e. see his comments on the pac situation). So, yeah, sorry Drew - was nice knowin ya.

As for his replacement, who knows. We don't know what the likes of Orr has to offer and who knows who might fall into our laps at the position past the first round.

10. The Playmaker

The Playmaker pineapple pizza party

Of course Wade would be easier to keep because he isasking for less money.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar