Titans aren't playing ... who are you rooting for?

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Thaddeus43, Dec 16, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

2. Thaddeus43

Thaddeus43 Sunshiner President

Yeah me too, but I don't mess around ... only broken backs and snapped necks

just kidding btw

3. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

Anytime I see the Steelers play the Ravens or the Texans play the Colts, or any Cowboys game, I hope for the lights to fall on all the players.

I don't want them getting killed or anything crazy, but just hurt enough to make watching bearable.

• High Five High Five x 1
  4. xpmar9x

xpmar9x The Real Slim Shady

Redskins have always been my #2 team. Born in Virginia, hour away from DC. Entire family (besides my immediate family) lives in the DC/VA area... all 'Skins fans (except for a lost Pats fan). Mom/Dad/Brother are both die-hard Skins fans. Plus, I love watching RG3 & Alfred Morris play.

Rooting for them to win the NFC-E, but Titans are my #1 102581905%.

5. xpmar9x

Speaking of the Redskins, I wonder if they look to deal Kirk Cousins this year.

26/37 (70 C%), 329 yards, 2 TDs, 1 INT, 104.4 QB Rating and 22 R. Yards on 3 carries.

Is pretty solid, even if it was the Browns. They got him with a 3rd round pick and obviously RG3 is their future QB. They could possible swap Cousins for a 2nd this year in a weak QB class. With a year of learning the NFL under his belt plus all the physical tools, he's way better than any current QB projected in the 2nd.

6. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

With a player like RGIII you need a reliable back-up. Dude's gonna be like Vick and finish 16 games maybe once. Love RGIII but his style has to have his coaches nervous at times.

7. xpmar9x

At the same time, are you going to pass on a 2nd rounder for a backup who might play 1 or 2 games a year? I'm sure you could go find a vet backup in FA. They also have Rex Grossman, who isn't terrible. I'd go out and sign Tarvaris Jackson in FA, who would benefit from the more athletic QB role. He's only 29 and has multiple years left.

Deal Cousins for a 2nd. Sign Jackson on a 3 year deal. Pickup a more important position of need in the 2nd.

8. Thaddeus43

Yeah I was thinking of this earlier. I would say they might do it if they can get a 2nd rounder, which they may, IDK. But I agree that they do need a good backup, I have a feeling RG3 stays injured a lot through his career. A good backup that knows the system would be HUGE for them if that is the case.

9. Thaddeus43

But if he can WIN those 1-2 games a year, then isn't that worth a 2nd rd pick? I mean, who are you going to take in the 2nd that is going to make your record 2 games better by the end of the year? Probably no one. 2 games can easily be the difference between playoffs or not. If Cousins didn't come in and win a couple games for them then they aren't even in the PO race right now.

I guess the question is, do you (and by you, I mean the RS FO) trust a guy like Rex or Jackson to win those games? Especially if they are a 'must win' situation like yesterday.

10. Thaddeus43

To me though, the Redskins game yesterday begs the question ... Is RG3 that good, or is it the system? Obviously I think RG3 is good, but Cousins looked pretty dang good yesterday too. So did the Redskins get 2 rookie QBs in that draft, or do they have a system that makes QB's successful? It does seem that everytime I watch them play they can get WRs just streaking down the field WIDE open.

Shanahan always was able to plug in any RB and make him a 1000 yard back, maybe they can plug any QB and make him good too.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar