Titans are racists...!

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by RollTide, Nov 11, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hellblitzer

Hellblitzer Guest

You guys pulling this race card are funny. Your accuseing the only NFL franchise who has, drafted and signed, arguably the best Black QB's so far in NFL history to being racist. Wow... This is whats wrong with the black community, this coming from a black man. No one wants to look at the common sense things about a situation. They simply play the race card every time somthing doesnt go the way they feel it should. They feel like society owes them something. Next thing you will have is some young up and comer that feels he wasnt drafted higher because he was black sueing the NFL. Amazing!

Actually a better argumant could be made proving reverse discrimination against White QB's and this organization. Like the reason they did Volek the way they did... Or throwing Collins in like they did knowing he'd fail so they could play the Black QB...its all about the "race" card right?????
    So you could actually make a better argumant that the Titans have treated White qb's worse.... when they bother to have one!

Another thing since Im ranting. Ray Ray, Vince Young, Steve Mcnair, nor myself are actually African Americans and shouldn't be considered as such. It really fires me up when BLACK people, like myself, keep calling themselves African Americans when most of them have never been to Africa and have no idea if any of their recent ancestors (last 200 years) even came from Africa. You don't see White people going around calling themselves "Caucasian Americans", "German Americans", "Polish Americans" "Russian Americans" or even "African Americans". So why should Black people? Last time I checked if you were born here, your an American, plain and simple. We have BET, but what if White people tried to start WET? Does anyone else see somthing wrong with any of this? We have a Black Miss USA padgent, but Black Women are allowed in the regular Miss USA. Could a White, Indian, or Oriental woman enter for Miss Black USA? So where is the true discrimination.

2. Titanium

Titanium TITANFN Staff

Hellblitzer ...

:applause:

:ravens:

3. SteveH

SteveH Starter

Top post Hellblitzer.. completely agree

I think RayRay is just kinda getting things going again.. and the media lap it up.. crowd will give them sh*t, that winds the Ravens up, gets the juices going, etc..

I do think if Billy was black more would have been made of it..

I'm just upset that in these days - whatever the colour - the salary cap has changed so much.. no one has any loyalty to anyone.. teams to their stars, stars to their teams.. it's all just one big ugly business..

Going to be some atmosphere

4. Laserjock

Laserjock South Endzone Rocks! Staff

Biggest load of Bullsh*t I have read in a while...

I get so tired of listening to every situation involving someone of race pulling the race card when things don't go "right".

Yeah...Steve was really mistreated by this organization for the past 11 years. Been just a shame the racist treatment he received...unbelievable.

5. Bobo

Bobo Guest

I'd have a hard time adding something to the front of a "title" for myself. "Irish-English-Scottish-German-Italian-American Indian-and probably some African too (Lucy)-American".

I guess I can just say boring ole American :yes:

6. EZpickin

EZpickin Camp Fodder

Give me a *$#king break, that is one of the most irresponsible and completely ridiculous' posts I've ever seen on this board...

7. DeutschTitan

DeutschTitan Camp Fodder

The truth. Anyone who plays the racism card is being ignorant and not reading between the lines. This issue has been prooven and well-documented that it was not a racial issue, but one of money, as it always is in sports. IMO, this thread is dead and case closed. Keeping this post alive, as Jeff said, will cause something to come out that will be either taken the wrong way or create drama. Don't get me wrong. Racism is a huge problem here in these states still, as Phislama pointed out with the Buffalo post. But this isn't the 1960's, our civilization has made at least baby steps from what it used to be.

8. avvie

avvie It's another cold day in Hell Tip Jar Donor

Alrighty then, let's run with that.
    What vet QB with SB experience would you say Fish should have signed instead?

And to add a little fuel to the fire, what makes you think that starting a rookie from Game 1 would be more intelligent than starting a veteran with SB experience?

To sum up, are you trying to further a legitimate point, or are you being racist yourself by seeking to place racism in a situation where there clearly is none?

9. PhiSlammaJamma

PhiSlammaJamma Critical Possession

I'm not on one side or the other, I'm just pointing out that the side claiming racism, or claiming the possibility of racism has at least enough evidence and credibility to make this a legitimate discussion, and that perhaps, there is more to think about in regard to the whole picture.

What I always try to remember, is that if a persons feelings were hurt, or if someone tells you they were hurt by what you did or said, then you have to at least think about that seriously. A good example was when Shaq mocked Yao and the Chinese language. Now most of us thought that was either A) Funny or B) harmless. But the Chinese people were a little pissed off. Yao couldn't care less. But all those Chinese countrymen considered it a racist comment and so you have to take that seriously whether you want to or not. and ultimately, though I think he was resistant to do so, Shaq apologized, and it put that baby to rest. Nobody thinks Shaq is a racist anymore.

The same thing applies here. If Ray Lewis is upset, then maybe we should make an apology to him, or to McNair, and possibly take it further than that. In most cases, that ends all discussion and puts that bird to rest. And what does it really hurt to do that. You just suck it up and do what you have to do. But if you don't say or do anything, then it simmers, and if it is simmering, there is doubt. Because one thing a racist does not want to do, is apologize, or admit they hurt someone's feelings.

An apology to Ray Ray, lol, I'm sure I'll take some crap over that. But I'm just saying.

10. Titanium

Titanium TITANFN Staff

Make an apology to Ray Lewis? Why? What was done to him?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar