Titans are pleased with Derrick Morgan’s play

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Titans Insider, Oct 19, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. XO

XO Nevada Native

He is no J.J Watt, because he doesn't use roids, but I'll give Morgan until the end of the year before I give up on him.

2. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

You want a first-round DE to be a guy the opposing team has to scheme to stop. Morgan isn't close to being that player yet. I hold out hope he'll stay healthy so he gets the chance.

• High Five High Five x 1
  3. ColtKiller

ColtKiller Starter

I'm starting to realize things about or teams standards. Mario Williams. JJ Watt. Jason Pierre Paul. Those are a few first round defensive ends. So I'm trying to figure out how Derrick Morgan is anything close to even acceptable, let alone satisfying.

4. steverife

steverife Pro Bowler

He's solid, especially considering that he is a few games into basically his 2nd season.

As far as first round DE's in the last decade go, I'd guess he is probably mid pack or so...

5. titansrule00000

titansrule00000 Pro Bowler

I think he is getting better! I think the injury really set him back, but its good to see him playing and improving. I hope he can stay healthy and really show that he was worth the 1st round pick.

• High Five High Five x 1
  6. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

injury might not have set DM back so much had he rehabbed properly, but hey at least he cured teetsie fly disease

7. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

He hustles and runs all over the field. He does get fairly consistent pressure on the QB even if the sack total is not impressive.

At least his effort is 100% and not until this last game have we seen the entire D-line play like that.

I'll take 5-6 sacks a season if that comes with 20 hurries and 70 tackles.

Morgan and Martin are the only D-linemen to play up to their ability this year.

• High Five High Five x 2
  8. titantrusince82

titantrusince82 I'm down with the Titans for better or worse

To me, Morgan could have a good year and good career, but I will always remember that we were one pick away from getting JPP. The Giants got him one pick earlier, and I always felt like we got the constellation prize. Plus, with him getting hurt so early in his career, this is really his 1st year of any kind of production.

9. steverife

steverife Pro Bowler

If Morgan hadn't spent those 10 days in Africa with a bunch of doctors and trainers, he'd probably have 10 sacks and 10 passes knocked down at this point.

10. CJtheBeast

CJtheBeast Starter

I couldn't believe all of the negative comments I was reading. I honestly think its a case of group think. I feel both Morgan and Wimbley have been worth their weight this season given the circumstances. There was nearly no time to get to Brady before the ball was out the 1st game and Wimbley bloodied Brady before the half I think. Morgan played solid last game and I remember him making some key stuffs in the run game all season long.

I know its hard to separate individual player's performances from the entire D at times, but there have been some players who have been playing pretty solid.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar