Titans Are Clearly In "Win Now" Mode

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Dangermode, Mar 12, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dangermode

Dangermode A New Era has Begun

Two years ago, the Eagles took advantage of having their QB on a rookie contract and loaded the team in FA to make a Super Bowl run. It paid off.

Last year, the Rams took advantage of having their QB on a rookie contract and loaded the team in FA to make a Super Bowl run. It paid off.

Mariota is already out of his rookie contract, but nearly half the starters on this Titans team, including a number of future stars, are still making rookie wages. Take a look.

Derrik Henry $1.7 mil

Corey Davis $6.9 mil

Jack Conklin $5 mil

Taywan Taylor $1 mil

Jonnu Smith $800K

Kevin Byard $2.2 mil

Jayon Brown $700K

Adoree Jackson $3 mil

Rashan Evans $2.6 mil

Harold Landry $1.5 mil

This is chump change compared to what many of these players will be making in a year or two. Now is the time to make a run and JRob clearly knows this. The Titans will be as close as they've been in years to maxing out the salary cap with the moves they're making. There is still a bit of space left.... but it's exciting to us going all in!

• Cheers Cheers x 1
  2. Ontario Titan

Ontario Titan Pro Bowler

Just need the wins and the mode will be complete

I like the moves so far.

• LOL LOL x 2
    • High Five High Five x 1
  3. HurrayTitans!

HurrayTitans! Useless trivia knowledge champion

Just win now and I wouldn’t care nearly as much about a dismantling because of cap casualties.

The catch is win now.

4. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

Get a good backup QB and I'll agree were in win now mode...

5. Abdoulaye LY

Abdoulaye LY Camp Fodder

As long as we get a true 3-4 NT this offseason to complete what could be a really good Defense. Would mind us drafting Dexter Lawrence in the first round and an OLB in the second.

• Hit the Target Hit the Target x 1
  6. Abdoulaye LY

Abdoulaye LY Camp Fodder

7. Wraith

Wraith Starter

Lawrence may be there in the 2nd actually, I'd like to trade up using picks next year and get Williams, could give up next years first and be well worth IMO

8. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

The Rams and Eagles had good QBs though...

• High Five x 2
    • LOL x 1
    • Boring x 1
    • Bullsh*t x 1
    • Hit the Target x 1
    • Troll x 1
  9. Roscoes Wetsuit

Roscoes Wetsuit Pro Bowler

Win now mode?

Decent players but Cameron Wake and Humpheries don’t seem to me like “win now” moves.

10. SawdustMan

SawdustMan #ChampChamp

"Future stars" is probably being quite generous (or naive tbh). Sure we hope they are all going to be future stars. But it's much more likely they are going to be just "good players."

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar