Titans are 7 Point Favorites Over The Raiders

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by dbc5631, Sep 3, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Preditan

Preditan --- --- --- --- Staff

I totally agree with Raider9175. Their defense is improved this year. They have the best shutdown CB in the NFL, Asomugha, who can literally shut down half of the field. Chris Johnson is a very fast CB as well.....and huff is very underrated. The defensive line is questionable for the raiders....along with the linebackers.

For the Titans, Chris Johnson is going to run all over the Raiders. The Titans have one of the best offensive lines, and one of the best FB's in the NFL. CJ ran over some of the best defenses last season...and I expect him to do the same this Sunday against a " not so good " run defense.

VY should have some issues against a great pass defense. I will be interested to see how he does against the raiders...

With all that being said....lets not forget that the Raiders have one of the worst offenses in the NFL. They have one of the worst offensive lines....probably the worst WR core in the NFL....a decent RB combo...and Jason Campbell is not exactly a proven starting QB. ( Probably the reason why no Raiders are ever drafted in Fantasy Drafts. )

Should be a fun game to watch.....

2. Raider9175

Raider9175 Starter

The same Thomas Howard the Titans want to be a starting LB on their team. Thats the team that wants him (what does that say about your LB corp)

Thomas Howard is what he is. Not the best in run support but a very good lb in pass coverage. (thats why he not starting right now) Still why he might play a key role in this game against titans. Raiders might blitz him with his major target being Vince Young. Thomas Howard with his 4.4 speed can run down Vince Young .

3. TorontoTitanFan

TorontoTitanFan Pro Bowler

It says that Gerald McRath is suspended for a few games. Nothing more.

4. Raider9175

Raider9175 Starter

That was last year Raider scouting report on Raiders defense + offense. wouldn't count on that scouting report this year.

First its going to be alot harder to run on the Raiders this year when they put their regular defense out there. Raiders dline no joke. L Houston, Tom Kelly, R seymour and Matt Shaughnessy. (go very deep) LB corps wlb Q Groves/T Howard Mlb R McClain Sslb K wimbley

Stanford Routt is the new Cb opposite N Asomugha Chris johnson will probably be nickel CB( a position he excelled when De angelo Hall started opposite Asomugha)

M Huff - won't be seen on the running downs thats not his strength. What he excells out is picking up Te man to man. he will play on the passing downs. I believe he will neutrilize any of the titans Tes.

BIg diffrence is Raiders pass rush is light years better than last year unit. k Wimbley asnd Trevor Scott are going to do alot of damage coming off the corner. Not to mention Raiders have alot of guys that can come on a blitz from anywhere.

Raiders offense will move the football on the Titans. I more worried about the running game this season than the passing offense. Not this game as Raiders should be able to run it on titans undersized front seven.

Look for Raiders passing attack to be alot of short passes looking for big YAC numbers. The Raiders running game and those short passes will set up the deep pass eventually. Becarefully if your dline starts getting up the field real quick. Raiders might be setting them up for the screen pass. (which Raiders finally are running very effective.

5. TorontoTitanFan

TorontoTitanFan Pro Bowler

I can't believe this guy is still making these posts. I guess I should stop egging him on.

6. Raider9175

Raider9175 Starter

Gerald Mcgrath couldn't hold thomas Howard jock Strap. Thomas howard bigger and way way faster than MCGrath. IF the Titans trade for Howard he will be their starting Wlb. Mcgrath or one of your other lbs will be where they belong as a backup lb in the nfl.

7. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

:facepalm:

I give up, you guys should too.

8. Raider9175

Raider9175 Starter

Hope to see you monday(sunday night) here, explaining how wrong you were. Going to be sweet. Talk is over and it time to give the Titans a beatdown.

9. Eddyc85

Eddyc85 Go Bucks!

This isn't the same old Raiders team, they will be pretty good this year, I wouldn't sleep on this team. Besides, it's not like we're a Superbowl contender or anything.

10. onetontitan

onetontitan Marioto

Al Davis has a better shot a being a good GM than they do of winning the game.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar