Titans and Tannehill reach multi year agreement

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by titanfanatic, Mar 15, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dangermode

Dangermode A New Era has Begun

So we still have around $41 million this year before doing any restructuring. I could see us restructuring Lewan, Casey and/or Butler and shaking another 10 million out. They’re saying the cap could go up as much as $20 million next year so let’s spend this money now and get us a ring!!!!

• Winner Winner x 1
  2. Titanoiler51

Titanoiler51 Starter

This franchise is Oiler/Titans, so I doubt he breaks any of the franchise records. I know you who have only been on board since the move don’t want to acknowledge that, but the record books do recognize the entirety of this franchise.

3. Ontario Titan

Ontario Titan Pro Bowler

He doesn't get going until week 5 anyway

• High Five High Five x 1
  4. Ontario Titan

Ontario Titan Pro Bowler

That's what I would be doing
    What's the tag salary for RT?

Edit,: 14 mil for OT

5. CalgaryTitansFan

CalgaryTitansFan Pro Bowler

With ever passing game, it was obvious Tannehill wouldn't be had for that little. He was lights out. He also wasn't that bad in Miami, where the roster was significantly worse.
    I'm really hoping Davis gets healthy, and connects with Tannehill in the off-season. The talent is there, but apparently he had turf toe all year. AJ, David, Smith and Henry is a pretty lethal group of weapons when healthy.

I do hope they find a way to keep Conklin to keep the OL intact.

6. cozmicfool

cozmicfool Starter

Think we draft a backup QB for the future and see if he can develop while learning a year or two behind Tannehill? I wouldn't be mad at that scenario.

• Hit the Target Hit the Target x 1
  7. Titanup1982

Titanup1982 All-Pro

Drafting a backup QB to learn behind Tanny isn't really needed this draft. I would say maybe next year. I'd say just sign a decent backup and go from there for now.

• High Five High Five x 2
  8. cozmicfool

cozmicfool Starter

Haven't you heard, recent trends in the NFL suggest 30 is the 25 for QBs with all the contact and rule changes lol

9. Gridiron Gun

Gridiron Gun Starter

It's not a need, but if one they really like drops, I wouldn't be shocked at all if they grab him to develop for a couple of years.

Won't trade up for one or anything (well, not far); but at our position in the draft, there's no telling who will fall to us that we like. Should make the draft very interesting.

10. cozmicfool

cozmicfool Starter

Brady was never coming here. Love or hate JRob he is a competent GM (even with his misses as all GMs have).

The point it Brady was never coming here. It's already been pointed out that he wants oversight/input over the team roster he joins. Did anyone think JRob was going to give that up.

The other thing is if Brady was still Brady do you honestly think the Patriots let him walk freely? They've been an organization that has historically let players walk at the right time. Yeah they did this differently with Tom because well he's the GOAT. However, who's to say he won't go someone else flop like most Patriots free agents. As much as I've had a love/hate relationship with Brady, just don't think he has more in the tank moving forward. Even iron wears thin, last year was one of the first years I've felt Brady's best years were behind him.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar