Titans and Cowboys talking trade for Pacman

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Puck, Mar 20, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ONUV

ONUV Starter

we would have been a better team but Pacthug is an idiot and doesn't give a f*ck about the Titans. he didn't play last year.

2. GoTitans3801

GoTitans3801 Forward Progress!

Ridiculous, and just baiting instead of arguing, as usual. I'll bite, you're right, not having pac is definitely going to just let teams run up the score on us... Well, with him on the field in 2006, we averaged giving up over 25 points a game, and in 2007, without him, we just fell apart, and gave up... 18 points per game.

Yes, yes, 1 player isn't the team... which is also what I would say to those freaking out about us trading him away. I'd also point out that our penalty yards were down this year, which Pac definitely had an effect on.

What's ridiculous is bringing in the "good citizens" and "choirboy" language. This is a discussion about trade value, and the discussions of Pacman's behavior are relevant because they have in multiple occasions prevented him from being on the field. I don't care what they players do in the privacy of their own home (though I'd prefer that it's all legal), but when I invest in a player, I for darn sure want them on the field. He was a liability the last two years because we always had to have a replacement for him.

No one seems to be responding to TJ's very valid point, which is that he's spent 18 months away from football, so it's hard to say that he'll ever really be the same again. It's not that he'll be out of shape, it's that he's been completely away from the team, the drills, game speed, etc... He's going to be rusty for quite a while before he gets close to being back.

Not football fans? You're obviously not listening or you just don't get it.

3. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

4. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

"Tennessee has been holding out, refusing to budge for anything less than a fourth-round pick. Plus, Dallas wanted to attach conditions to the trade in which it could receive a draft pick back from Tennessee if Jones got into more trouble in his new city."

f that ish.

5. onetontitan

onetontitan Marioto

we have to keep him. It's that simple.

6. vslyke

vslyke In Dinger We Trust

Yes it is. We are not going to get reasonable compensation from anyone, and he is exactly what we need in a lot of ways. As long as he does not get arrested........

7. Alex1939

Alex1939 Space Invaders Champion

8. Alex1939

Alex1939 Space Invaders Champion

NFL.com is reporting the deal is nearing... again.

http://www.nfl.com/nflnetwork/story?id=09000d5d807bd65f&template=with-video&confirm=true

If we get the 4th, I'll be happy. But a 5th or a 6th. Damn.

Why can't we package a trade that includes Pacman and move up in the draft at least. There are also players on this team that could be attached in a Pac/Player/DraftPick combo.

It is hard to believe this is the best and only deal we can find for Pacman.

9. TorontoTitanFan

TorontoTitanFan Pro Bowler

We all pretty much accepted that his value was a 4th-6th rounder this year, but we all assumed that the sticking point what what 2009 pick the Cowboys would include. It turns out that the sticking point is what 2009 pick we will be giving the Cowboys if Pacman screws up. Unbelievable.

This is lose-lose for us. Either we give up Pacman and he is a great player for the Cowboys, or we give up Pacman, he gets banned from the league and we have to give the Cowboys a draft pick for their trouble. How the hell does that make sense?! It's like we're paying them to take him off our hands.

10. jessestylex

jessestylex DeadGirlsCantSayNo

if we settle for a 6th rounder and still have to give Dallas a draft pick if Pacman gets in trouble again then the Titans are really dumb. We need to dump Pacman as is, not with a warranty.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar