Titans and Collins Agree in Principle to Terms

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by GoTitans3801, Aug 28, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rayzor2004

rayzor2004 Guest

Horrible decision

Why or why are you spending money on another quarterback Reese??? QB's are the least of our problems, how bout some depth at WR and O line?????:gag:

2. rcarie

rcarie Tac Head

We're pretty deep and WR. If anything, we need Oline help.

3. 4andershv

4andershv Camp Fodder

Maybe the FO had faith in the Volek/Young duo but lost it during the hideous preseason games, or

Maybe the price just wasn't right until now

So what your'e saying is basically: If we can't make the playoffs, I don't care if we are 7-9 or 1-15?

If thats the case I strongly disagree with you!

4. Puck

Puck Pro Bowler

look at the bright side........

we can cut Mauck now
    :yes:

5. Raydawg

Raydawg Titans Rock !!!!

No way Collins is brought in to be the #2 or #3. Collins is being brought in to be the starter. I know he doesn't know the playbook but he is going to be this teams QB.

Volek has looked horrible. I understand the OLine is bad but he has been flat out horrible.

Collins will do better than Volek.

Could Volek be released? He has no trade value anymore. What are the cap ramifications?

We are going no place this year so why does it matter.

VY will NOT be inactive for any game this season. We have already heard the talk of a package for him for a series or two each half.

VY will be the QB next season and 2008 will be our year to begin our next move to the top of the standings.

Welcome Kerry Collins!!!!

6. Puck

Puck Pro Bowler

why's that ?
    i don't remember that being an official rule

what if you're #1 gets a temporary injury or dehydrates
    then you're #2 comes in and gets knocked out from a concussion
    so the #3 comes in and is inneffective
    let's assume this is pre-half

so, after the half, you're #1 is rehydrated ....... (or whatever)
    why then couldn't you re-install your starter ?

7. Slackmaster

Slackmaster Starter

This is the dumbest FO move I have seen in years.

It really dampens my enthusiasm for the whole team.

KC sucks, and any team stupid enough to sign him will also suck.

Oh well, maybe next year.

8. Slackmaster

Slackmaster Starter

The "official rule" part only is valid if your #3 QB is among your inactive players for the game.
    If your #3 is listed inactive, but plays because the others go down, you can't just use him as relief.

9. Soxcat

Soxcat Pro Bowler

I still don't get this "Volek looks like crap" mentality. Volek has played in what amounts to just over one games worth of snaps and is 24-38 for 266 yards. Thats 63% completions. Volek had a 17 yarder to Wade and a 36 yarder to Troupe taken away because of holds by Pillar in Sat game. Volek also had that picture perfect pass to Bennett that Bennett couldn't hang on to in the first game. That was another 40+ yards he got screwed out of.

The fact we can't run the ball doesn't exactly help our offense sustain drives either.

10. Canadian Titan

Canadian Titan VY & CJ = New SM & EG

Yay to the signing of Collins :ha:

I liked him in Carolina when he started his career, he's a big QB with strong arm. He can take hits too like the cheap shot he took from Romo years ago.

Also, he's better than Volek!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar