Titans agreed to terms with WR Keenan McCardell...

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Kid Gloves, Mar 31, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kid Gloves

Kid Gloves Guest

Monday, March 31, 2008

Titans agreed to terms with WR Keenan McCardell on a two-year, $2.5 million contract.

McCardell, who played with the Washington Redskins last year, likes OC Mike Heimerdinger's offense and adds another threat to the Titans' receiver corps. But his signing bonus is small and he won't be guaranteed a roster spot or anything else for that matter. He is expected, however, to push Eric Moulds for a roster spot and has already beaten him for the "oldest WR to ever play for the Titans" mentoring role for the younger receivers. The Titans figure to keep rotating WRs in 2008, leaving McCardell to battle Justin McCareins, Brandon Jones, Roydell Williams, Justin Gage, Mike and Paul Williams, Chris Davis, and Biren Ealy for snaps. Moulds stated "This guy is even older than I am, then maybe I should get my butt in gear."

McCardell hopes to play for the Titans well into his forties. Talks are ongoing with regards to bringing Jerry Rice out of retirement. "He can dance" said Titans Coach Jeff Fisher, who has a keen eye towards receivers, "so the playing again is not out of the realm of possibilities."

Jerry Rice could not be reached for comment.:moon2:

April Fools Day is just so cool...:clown:

2. titanbuoy

titanbuoy medium rare ®

Premature e-joke-ulator

3. The Mrs

The Mrs Crush on Casey Starbucks!

I was fittin' to say! Keenan was old when I went to my first game in Jacksonville!

4. GoTitans3801

GoTitans3801 Forward Progress!

You're about 5 hours too early...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar