Titans Agree to Terms with S Scott

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by goTitans.com, Mar 21, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. titan_fan_4ever

titan_fan_4ever Titans Rule

you guys dont realize this but he has got the amount of potential that chris hope had....he can also be a star...espcially w/ nick harper...man i am really likin this.

2. BigRed3

BigRed3 Straight Cash, Homey

I'm not going to pretend to know a lot about this guy, but from the stats it seems like he was a pretty good player in Atlanta. Maybe he was just a bad fit in New Orleans or something, or maybe he was just injured (actually he did miss seven games last year). He's still young at just 25 years old. If he can get back to the form he had in Atlanta, he will be a good pickup for us.

3. Let's not go overboard. He's a solid player who has a chance to start. He isn't a going to be a star...

4. Soxcat

Soxcat Pro Bowler

Everyone should know that the Saints started last season starting Roman Harper at SS, a rookie and Josh Bullocks a 2nd year guy who started most of his rookie season at FS. Harper was injured about half way through the season and missed the rest of the year.

Bryan Scott never started a game last year, completely didn't play at all in 7 games and accounted for a whopping 15 tackles and zero ints. Despite being 6', 219 pound he wasn't good enough to move over to the SS position, the position LT plays by the way, when Harper was injured. To say the guy is even close to Chris Hope is ridiculous. Right now Scott is a 2nd stringer who has had some starting experience in the NFL and we hope he can bolster STs (not sure why he missed all those games last year but if he was healthy and a decent STs guy no way you keep him off the active roster do you?).

5. Dangermode

Dangermode A New Era has Begun

Remember he can also play corner if we "need" him to which is entirely possible. I still think we should sign Hamlin or Doss but I don'y consider it as much a need anymore. Nelson no longer on our radar in the draft?

6. Dangermode

Dangermode A New Era has Begun

So we've signed a Saint, a Bear and a Colt. I guess it's time to snatch a Pat? Hmmmm.

7. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

Kami...

You and others keep calling this guy our FS. No he is going to play the left side. The TE side. Hope plays the right side and they are not going to move him that's the only place he has played. Last year we moved LT from FS to the SS on the left side because hope plays the right side, maybe exclusively. That's where he played in pittsburgh. It's LT who replaced tank at the SS spot and i assume that scott will replace LT there.

Hope's role on the team is basically identical to that of lance schulters. A FS who comes down to the weak side linebacker spot in the dime.

As far as i know hope never played the strong side at pitt. Lee flowers was the SS when he arrived and palamalu and mike logan have been the SSs since.

8. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

well, i guess 31st, since that's where we ranked in points per game.

9. GoTitans3801

GoTitans3801 Forward Progress!

We had a pretty darn bad defense, no matter what you look at.

Either way, I'm glad to see we're making some moves to shore up our secondary, whether or not he starts, he's good for competition and depth.

Now we just need a DE in round 1.

10. fltitan

fltitan Guest

Many of the same negatives being written about the Scott signing sound the same as the KVB signing. Scott had some good years in Atlanta and may just need to be in a different system. The truth is you never know about these guys till you put them on the field could be a flop could be a great signing, in any case he was not that expensive and will create competion at the position.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar