Titans Agree to Terms with Hentrich/Loper to Lions

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Childress79, Mar 6, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Childress79

Childress79 Loungefly ®

• High Five High Five x 1
  2. CRUDS

CRUDS Moderator Staff

3. Childress79

Childress79 Loungefly ®

I think he wants one more shot at a SB with a contender.:wink2:

4. Tuckfro42

Tuckfro42 Frozen Donkey Wheel

... to ya mutha.

Good job MR!

5. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

6 year deal seems like a bit much for a guy his age but his SB was only $1.5M which prorates out to just 250K a year so if he retires after just 2 years we won't have much dead money. It guarantees he will be here for the rest of his career.

6. Broken Record

Broken Record Biscuit Eater Staff

I like Craig. In fact, I like him a lot. I was almost sure he was going to retire, though.

I look forward to seeing that knuckle ball again next year.

7. MJTitans

MJTitans Chris Whitley look him up

8. goTitans.com

goTitans.com A living legend. Staff

SUMMARY: Craig Hentrich will return as the Titans punter for another year as he enters his 16th season in the NFL. "Craig has been such a valuable player for us in so many ways during his time here and we are pleased to be able to agree on a contract with him for another year," said Titans general manager Mike Reinfeldt. Hentrich averaged 42.8 yards a punt along with a 36.5 net last season. Terms of the deal have not been announced. In related news, Daniel Loper has agreed to a one-year deal with the Lions. Terms of that agreement has not been released.

View full article
    What do you think about this story? post your comments below.

9. Tackhead #9

Tackhead #9 Harder, better, faster, stronger

Couldn't have put it better myself. We've never had to worry about football's most neglected position because Craig's provided stability for years. Other than his back issues I really can't fault him. He's given his body for us for suh a long time, back when he was healthy enough to bang out kickoffs and the ocassional FG attempt. He's no HOFer (so far, not even Ray freakin' Guy is), but he certainly makes my Titans ring of honour.

Loper would have been nice to keep (he's a guy I don't fear stepping in when someone goes down), you can't keep 'em all. Hopefully he can step into the starting role with Detroit.

10. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

We had no chance signing loper he wanted to go somewhere he can start. He is going to start for one year, play well and then get a $5-6M contract next season.

Maybe i'm wrong about loper being as good or better than amano at guard but i think he is and as a starting guard he signs for us but as a #3 tackle with no chance at starting for 5 more years there was no way in hell he would stay here.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar