Titans add Tyler Wilson

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Dirk Diggler, Dec 16, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 520

520 2020 GOAT CHAMP from 3-7 to champ

everyone hates him cuz the greatest qb evaluators ever, the Oakland raiders, cut him

• High Five High Five x 2
  2. 2ToneBlueBlood

2ToneBlueBlood Pro Bowler

The thing I remember most about him is when he was backing up Mallett at Arkansas and Mallett went down (I think against LSU) and Wilson came in and completed 14 straight passes.

• High Five High Five x 1
  3. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

Not really hate, just puzzled if anything. It's very odd timing for a guy that wasn't good enough to be on a roster that had Matt Flynn, Terrelle Pryor and Matt McGloin as their QBs at one point.

4. 520

520 2020 GOAT CHAMP from 3-7 to champ

that whole situation was strange. my guess is he really really pisssed someone off

5. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

Or he just isn't very good. He was probably overhyped in college based on the offense in which he played and the talent around him. A junior that is supposed to be a top ten pick then gets drafted in the fourth round the next year must have actually been scouted throughout the process instead of just gaining hype. Scouts usually don't waste time on juniors/RS sophomores until they know they're going to be in the draft.

6. RavensShallBurn

RavensShallBurn Ruck the Favens

The Raiders are a joke though.

This is the same Raiders team that took a kicker in the 1st round (and punter in the 5th - over Tom Brady), Robert Gallery over Larry Fitzgerald, Philip Rivers, and Ben Roethlisberger, Fabian Washington over Aaron Rodgers, Jamarcus Russell over Megatron, Darrius Heyward-Bey 7th overall, and Rolando McClain 8th overall... And that's just the stuff off the top of my head. I'm sure they've done other stupid stuff. And yea, every team passes great players, but they do it so consistently when it doesn't even make sense that it's beyond full retard.

They are easily the most pathetic franchise in the NFL over the last decade.

Why draft Tyler Wilson in the 4th round if you don't plan on keeping him around? He has a lot of potential, and I can't really say the same for any of those other scrub QBs they have. The problem is we don't coach up QBs, so he is doomed. But he'd at least have a shot under the right coach.

Basically this is a no risk move. Why not add him?

• High Five High Five x 1
  7. GeronimoJackson

GeronimoJackson Brainwashed by the Left. Now I am free.

So was Jimmy Clausen.

Sh*t happens.

8. Clark

Clark #ShoutboxAlley4Life

I'm positive I read that the problem was the fact he couldn't read defenses. At all.

9. ImTheCrew

ImTheCrew Starter

One step closer to that ring for munch.

10. UrbanLegend3

UrbanLegend3 Pro Bowler

I don't base whether someone will be a good player or not based on being cut from another team. Guys get cut from other teams all the time and do just fine. Bernard Pollard has bounced around this league more than damn near anyone and he's proven to not only be a hell of a player but a model citizen and a leader to boot. The Wilson kid is young, let's see if he can grow. It's not like we're married to him.

• High Five High Five x 2
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar