Titans actually put in a Moss claim (and now have him)

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Chapparal97, Nov 3, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SawdustMan

SawdustMan #ChampChamp

Nate's just mad because he knows the Moss signing just means his @$$ is gonna be riding the bench once Britt is healthy again. Wash has been good this year and I'm a fan.... but the guy's a slot receiver. That's where I've always felt he truly belongs anyway.

Man, what a sweet WR set we're gonna have when Britt comes back. Moss and Britt on each side. Wash and D Will in the slot. Not to mention CJ in the backfield. I cannot wait. On the one hand I'm glad it's a bye week because it gives Moss an extra week to learn the system. But on the other I'm dying to see 84 in a Titans jersey.

2. PhiSlammaJamma

PhiSlammaJamma Critical Possession

I think the team is most interested to see the upgrade in catering that's about to happen.

• High Five High Five x 1
  3. xpmar9x

xpmar9x The Real Slim Shady

4. Riverman

Riverman That may be.... Tip Jar Donor

Never heard of them. They must have sucked. :)

They sure weren't seven time pro-bowl and four time all pro WR's with game changing abilities.

5. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

Moss will have a better attitude knowing he is on a winning team with a solid coaching staff.

We have a chance to go some place the Vikings didn't.

6. CheeseheadTitan

CheeseheadTitan Pro Bowler Tip Jar Donor

Got to admit, my first reaction was negative because of some of his escapades in the lockerrooms in his past. BUT, after having a few hours to digest this, I think that his presence on the field, whether or not he actually puts up big numbers, will be a big asset for us. In Minnesota he really opened things up for the other offensive players (Percy Harvin especially), so I could see this being a positive for the other receivers (someone will step up into the slot position and have a big rest of season), as well as CJ (I agree with a previous post that this will loosen up the 8-9 man stacks in the front...now if CJ stops dancing and starts running again).

I just hope we do not get to the postseason and witness one of his self-absorbed implosions such as the Vikings did during his first run there.

7. Riverman

Riverman That may be.... Tip Jar Donor

I think Moss's attitude slid South when the chances of getting a ring with the Vikings did as well. A ring is one of the few accolades he has yet to achieve.

8. ColtKiller

ColtKiller Starter

More or less the only accolade he is yet to achieve. And we have the leverage. If we let Moss go before the end of this season, theres a chance he never plays again in the NFL. He has to understand that, and therefore he has no choice but to go hard. Fisher is going to sit him down and explain this to him, I'm sure of that.

9. ColtKiller

ColtKiller Starter

Maybe I'm just gassed up here, but I have absolutely NO idea how any Titans fan could have had a negative first reaction to this....? You saw on the news that we got Randy Moss and you said what? Oh, damn, that sucks? Really? I almost dropped my phone when I got the twitter text, then almost broke my laptop frantically opening it trying to find the news from a reliable source. My girlfriend thought someone died or something because of my frantic reaction and utter shock. I haven't been this excited about anything in years, I feel like its my birthday.

10. CheeseheadTitan

CheeseheadTitan Pro Bowler Tip Jar Donor

You all may be right, given his off field attitude while with the Patriots. I hope so, because Moss with a good attitude, regardless of slightly diminished skills, will really help our offense IMO.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar