Post-Game Thread Titans 9, Jags 6

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by TitanJeff, Sep 23, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. blacktitan

blacktitan Starter

Read the article. Carroll said they wouldn't offer him the backup role because he's a "starter in this league".

2. CalgaryTitansFan

CalgaryTitansFan Pro Bowler

It's not hypocrisy. Vrabel saw the roster he had to work with, and made a game plan for it. Star LT just came back from concussion. Star RT still injured. A QB with numb fingers who can't throw the ball down field as accurate as he is capable. Thus, they ran and used PA. When the offense is healthy, this IS NOT the offense we will see under LaFluer.

The key difference is; Mularkey would keep doing what I described above, because that is his scheme, how he wants his team to play. Our coaching staff did that due to injuries and player limitations. But when those limitations are removed, likely this week, the offense will be opened up and likely look very different.

You're just cherry picking because the offense has been so injured to begin this season. You seem very pro-Mularkey. If he is such a quality coach, when is he unemployed?

• High Five High Five x 1
  3. Vigsted

Vigsted Starter

It’s not about Mularkey. It could have been Fisher, Munchack or Whiz for all I care, it’s the principle.

If we see a totally different offense with much improved passing I will happily admit that I was wrong. But I just don’t see it. Conklin was the only O guy injured when the season started afaik but I didn’t see anything hinting at an improved pass offence in the first game.

4. CalgaryTitansFan

CalgaryTitansFan Pro Bowler

Pretty sure those first 2 drives in Miami looked pretty good. Then the delays came and everything went off the rails. But the first drive was a FG, and the 2nd Vrabel went for it on 4th, LaFleur dialed up a PASS play, but Mariota didn't execute. And from pretty much that moment forward, the offense has been handicapped. We'll just have to agree to disagree I suppose.

• Cheers Cheers x 1
    • Hit the Target Hit the Target x 1
  5. HurrayTitans!

HurrayTitans! Useless trivia knowledge champion

Makes sense. What team would want a "starter in this league" as their backup especially with the league wide backup QB struggles?

So what if Carroll said that. That logic makes no sense. He's just being a nice guy and trying not to add controversy to himself by saying he doesn't want CK.

6. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

7. STEVE McFLARE

STEVE McFLARE Starter

The Titans defense would turn Aaron Rodgers into Blake Bortles.

• LOL LOL x 1
  8. Vigsted

Vigsted Starter

Sorry, but that guys seems to be a little too much of a homer. He conveniently only highlights the good and forgets about the bad.
    On the pass to Davis it's clearly high and behind him, which causes Davis to slow down and allows the defenders to bring him down. A good throw and that goes for a ton of yards, maybe even TD.
    And the pass to Sharpe that "couldn't be more perfect" is both late and low, making it a more difficult catch than it should be (Sharpe should still catch it) and takes away any change of additional yards.
    He also credits Jonny Smith for a great block, where Calais Campbell takes himself out of the play because he's either responsible for Mariota or simply bites on the fake. Easiest block in the world.

9. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

You don't have to agree 100% with what he says. I don't. Read what he says, judge for yourself. At least you can make an informed decision based on visual evidence.

I just find it refreshing to see someone go that in depth in analysis.

You certainly don't get it from any national sports coverage. Even locally, there's no one I know who does much more but scrape the surface.

10. Alzarius

Alzarius Pro Bowler Tip Jar Donor

MCM breakdowns are always worth a read imo

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar