Post-Game Thread Titans 9, Jags 6

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by TitanJeff, Sep 23, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bonky

Bonky Pro Bowler Tip Jar Donor

Unless your starter is Gabbert and the backup is Mariota :brow:

Seriously, I get what you're saying and pretty much agree. I have more trust in one of our vets than I do in a PS rookie getting his 1st NFL gametime experience though.

• LOL LOL x 1
  2. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

If Gabbert is out Sunday, I think they have no choice but to bring up the kid. I don't see how anyone can come in on Wednesday and know enough of the playbook by Sunday.

Either that or we'll see a lot of Wildcat.

• Cheers Cheers x 1
    • Hit the Target Hit the Target x 1
  3. Bonky

Bonky Pro Bowler Tip Jar Donor

I know that you're correct, there's no way a new signing would be ready by Sunday.

I heard on 102.5 that bringing up the 3rd QB from the practice squad was the most likely scenario, and pretty much the only realistic option.

Doesn't mean that we have to use him after we activate him though, I'd prefer to run the WC.

4. Vigsted

Vigsted Starter

You're right, I misremembered it as being that game he got injured. But that only gives Mularkeys staff more credit as we almost won that game solely with Cassel.

5. Vigsted

Vigsted Starter

What does playing the opponents backup QB (and btw please back that up with evidence) have to do with the offence??

6. HurrayTitans!

HurrayTitans! Useless trivia knowledge champion

I agreed with you he could compete on some teams. I don't agree with 15-20 but as mentioned, Denver was a specific team that may have offered him a deal and because of the QB situation, he could have easily competed. He passed.

The idea in general is not trumped because Gabbert/Osweiler/other scrub QB have jobs, because they have zero issue taking minimal pay knowing their role is backup. CK doesn't/didn't seem to come to grips that that may be where he needs to rebuild from. Some backups get a lucky chance that leads to another starting gig (see Case Keenum). Some actually get a starting gig and fail miserably which leads to a career backup role (see Gabbert, Foles, Brady Quinn, Derek Anderson, 10000 others, CK isn't 1 of a kind).

The media frenzy would absolutely happen, again, take that part to taboo.

• Hit the Target Hit the Target x 2
    • Bullsh*t Bullsh*t x 1
  7. blacktitan

blacktitan Starter

Kaep has gone on record saying he'd play backup Colin Kaepernick wants to be a Seahawk, comfortable as Russell Wilson’s backup . It was actually Pete Carrol that noted that Kaep was indeed a "starter in this league".

The media frenzy isn't Kaep's creation, its the media's.

• High Five High Five x 1
  8. ropy0386

ropy0386 Starter

9. HurrayTitans!

I truly don't care either and that goes for both the drama around CK or who the Titans actually sign as a week to week backup. Lynch would be ok. I honestly thought Greg McElroy would be better but literally did nothing with the Jets. Don't know if he actually still plays.

Is Chase Daniels still out there? Another guy that looked to have potential but no chance to showcase.

10. HurrayTitans!

three letters

X - F - L !!!!!

Seriously though, he's probably done.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar