Titans' 4th-rd draft pick Rashad Weaver accused of assaulting woman

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by TorontoTitanFan, May 3, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. HurrayTitans!

HurrayTitans! Useless trivia knowledge champion

Current “military” (ok, Navy) and own almost zero scary things.

• LOL LOL x 1
  2. Titanoiler51

Titanoiler51 Starter

Yeah, men have it so bad...and have for the last 50,000 year of human history. Maybe if men hadn’t treated women like **** for, umm ever, maybe things would be different today.

• High Five High Five x 1
  3. Broken Arrow

Broken Arrow Just a Fan....

Or....... maybe if media weren't directly involved in the bias-building of the public in such cases, then your argument would hold water...

4. Hormesis

Hormesis Pro Bowler

5. Tungtide

Tungtide Just Another Freak

Here's the thing. You're about to be drafted into the NFL. Some team is going to commit to paying you a bunch of money for playing a sport you love. It's your job to protect yourself and your future team if you expect to benefit from that experience. That opportunity comes with both on-field risk as well as public scrutiny, and you are in a profession that makes you a financial target. You owe it to yourself, your teammates and future organization TO BE SMART. Even if he is found innocent of all charges, he still said what he said to the police, and he still put himself in a position to question his judgement. Both he and the Titans deserve the scrutiny they are receiving over this. I'd be lying after last year's first round bust if I didn't say it has me questioning some of the decision makers' judgement. If I were Amy Adams Strunk I'd be demanding some answers.

#125 Tungtide, May 5, 2021
    Last edited: May 5, 2021
    • Cheers Cheers x 2
  6. Chronos

Chronos Pro Bowler

The week before the draft you should be mending toys for orphans and not hanging out in bars until 2:00 am.

• High Five High Five x 5
    • LOL LOL x 1
  7. Ontario Titan

Ontario Titan Pro Bowler

A few months before the draft keeping out of the media's eye can help for years to come

8. Afc46

Afc46 Oilers/Titans HoFer

Extremely underrated comment !!!
    Funny enough me and my buddy were talking about this kinda of thing during the draft, something about trying to give a good image before the draft. Like a "preemptive" strike , just in case some of the extremely stupid things you have done comes to light.

9. Mberglo

Mberglo Starter

The only thing I know about this case is what I've read here. But if a drunk woman is screaming in your face, I have no problem with pushing her away. Women don't get a free pass to do whatever they want.

10. nbtoppers2

nbtoppers2 Pro Bowler

That quote was damn near prophetic. Especially with covid.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar