Post-Game Thread Titans 43-Browns 13

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by TitanJeff, Sep 8, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Gut

Gut Pro Bowler

Who is calling them one read throws?

If any qb in the league can make them, why doesn't every QB throw 4-5 TD's in a game? Or do you just think Arthur Smith is the greatest play caller in the league?

2. titanthakur

titanthakur Pro Bowler

That’s odd, using that same list I count 11 teams that need a new franchise QB within the next 2 seasons.
    Brady can opt out.
    Brees can opt out.
    Ben can opt out.

Patriots
    Dolphins
    Bengals
    Steelers
    Saints
    Chargers
    Broncos
    Vikings
    Panthers
    Bucs
    Colts

• LOL LOL x 1
    • Hit the Target Hit the Target x 1
  3. Gut

Gut Pro Bowler

LOL!

I've been watching football since the seventies. I'll let you figure out how old that makes me. How old are you?

If famous, popular good looking players with cool names are the championship winners...how come OBJ hasn't won? How come Warren Moon didn't win one? How come AB hasn't won one? How come Elliot hasn't won a championship. I just gave you 5 examples that DISPROVE your theory.

If it was a business 'fact,' I wouldn't be able to disprove it...but disprove it I can...and DID!!!

Try again!

4. Johnnyb

Johnnyb RTR

So one thing that I kept hearing about the Browns game was that the OL was just a turnstile and Marcus was facing immediate pressure constantly.

Well that's not what I saw at all and according to Mike Herndon in his all 22 review, Marcus actually had more time to than any other QB in week 1. He went on to grade the OL as an A-. So I think that rhetoric needs to die.

Marcus did get some pressure, but it was more a product of how much play action we ran and trying to let thing's set up. But the OL actually did a damn good job against an extremely talented Browns front 7.

Olivier Vernon recorded 0 sacks, pressures, or QB hits the entire game while mostly facing Jack Conklin. Jamil Douglas posted a perfect pass grade as well for Herndon, so that's something else to breath a little easier about. The OL is going to be a strength for us going forward this year, especially once Lewan gets back.

5. Gut

Gut Pro Bowler

I've watched the game twice and the coaches film too!

So you can agree he was very effective for 3 of the 4 quarters? Game manager or whatever you want to call it, he played well (for 3 of the 4 quarters).

6. titanthakur

titanthakur Pro Bowler

Trent Dilfer

7. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

Wasting your time on DP Dan

That fool is retarded

• High Five High Five x 1
  8. Gut

Gut Pro Bowler

So I'd say that a lot of pressures did come from playaction...show run to one side, roll out and the edge player...usually a LB gets a free rush to the qb. There were a lot of those pressures as the Browns crowded the line and had extra rushers to come that weren't blocked. Not thru any fault of the OL...just trying to catch them napping in a lot of ways. We must have run 90% of our screen concepts.

I would not say the OL was bad in this game pass blocking wise...but Herndon doesn't know what he's talking about. Look at the 2nd pass play of the game (the big playtion deep shot). Mariota can't fully step into the throw because Douglas gets beat to the inside and his guy gets a hit on Mariota! Giving up pressure and qb hits are not what coaches call a perfect pass blocking grade. He also got beat on pass play 14 where his guy drives him back and into Mariota who is just able to bounce off Douglass and flip it to Lewis. I wouldn't call that a win for Douglas as that's a 2nd qb pressure.

Conklin and Saffold also gave up a pressure if I remember correctly but I didn't go thru and grade everybody specifically. Additionally, in general, we kept in more blockers after about pass 12 so he had more protection. Mariota also did better with that pressure by usually getting away with throwing it away and took fewer sacks!!

9. DanPastorini

DanPastorini Starter

you are trying to cherry pick. I am of course referring to the long term stars. I also said theres more than one factor/variables. Dont be so myopic and simple minded.
    its the tv era. They specifically pick guys who arent ugly,. youre going to call that a coincidence? theres no ugly people that are really good jocks? and their names, like actors, are fake as well. I mean.. actually sit and think for a minute. A guy considered the greatest ever/one of, Joe Montana.. theres no way in hell thats his real name.. Joe Montana on the 49ers! sounds like a western movie.. and he was a golden domer as well. thats too perfect. No one makes the league, named Dombrowski or lipschitts anymore. Most certainly not high profile positions. its a tv show now. As I said, theres more than one variable.Thats just one ingredient. Making Manning forehead jokes doesnt take away from my point.. but oh what a coincidence that he's such a great character actor,right? who on the Titans is nationally popular? I mean really popular. no one. thats a tell tell sign you wont be seeing a deep playoff run.

• LOL LOL x 1
    • Troll Troll x 1
  10. abc2330

abc2330 Pro Bowler

The plays were literally designed to go to Walker and Henry and they weren't touched on two of them after catching it at the LOS. I get what you're saying, but let's be real.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar