Post-Game Thread Titans 43-Browns 13

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by TitanJeff, Sep 8, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. VondyP

VondyP Undisputed 2QBeaver Champion

if any qb could do it everybody would be throwing 3 a week

• Hit the Target Hit the Target x 1
  2. abc2330

abc2330 Pro Bowler

I'm fairly sure that he netted 0 air yards for those 3 TDs. But what the heck, extend him

• Bullsh*t Bullsh*t x 3
  3. Cajun_Titan_33

Cajun_Titan_33 Pro Bowler

Dude. I started watching this (Vrabel mic’d up for Browns) and thinking. Mann this is going to be good! Then nothing. Hardly anything during game. Wtf?

4. MrBean

MrBean Master of Not Much

Wasn’t your standard ***** and moan, 11tds. Now he’s on track to definitely throw more TDs and it’s not good enough?

• Hit the Target Hit the Target x 2
  5. HurrayTitans!

HurrayTitans! Useless trivia knowledge champion

That’s fine, MM didn’t have a “great” game but you’re bringing up comparisons to last season and everything based on this one game without a full OL and against a good pass rush in Cleveland. You’re distaste for MM is so strong, you don’t even give credit to other teams when due. Wasn’t Garrett a #1 overall pick? Well he played like it.

I honestly only remember a couple clean pockets throughout the entire game. Don’t remember which qtr and it really doesn’t matter, Cleveland’s D is alright or at least played very tough for the first 2-3 qtrs.

• High Five High Five x 1
  6. HurrayTitans!

HurrayTitans! Useless trivia knowledge champion

It definitely netted 18 points. I really could care less how many air yards they collectively had, he threw 3 TDs. He hasn’t done much of that.

I also don’t get why you immediately jump to “extend him” just because people said good job for throwing 250 and 3 TD, both well improved numbers from his avg the last 2 years. The boards here were absolutely littered with “not enough consistency” and “injury risk”. Why would that change from 1 game?

7. Thaddeus43

Thaddeus43 Sunshiner President

Wasnt Watson sacked 6 times?

• LOL LOL x 1
  8. SalmonSlayer

SalmonSlayer Pro Bowler

Chewing on rocks again and mouth breathing...smh. We won, he threw 3 TDs and made no turnovers to cost a win. Why you still crying again.

Go work on your playlist for the Jr high dance so the kids stop booing your terrible music selection. Just can't understand why you complain so much about MM8

• LOL LOL x 1
  9. abc2330

abc2330 Pro Bowler

I can live with what he is. But let's not make him into something that he isn't.

10. TitansWrath

TitansWrath Pro Bowler

Ridiculous.

Was it some kind of "wow, omg!" incredible performance? No.

But if you had asked me in the second quarter, I would have told you we were going to lose, and bad. There were unblocked or barely blocked rushers on virtually every dropback. Mariota was behind a patchwork line.

So his oc, wisely, called plays that get the ball out quickly. Marcus executed them well. He avoided the rush, delivered quick strikes, and put 3 tds and zero turnovers up to blow out the opponent.

If that's "average", so be it. Give me average every week then.

I was afraid that we were headed into Ravens game from last year type territory, where Marcus keeps having to drop back deep and gets killed.

And again, it was the first game of the year. On the road. New play caller. I would think it's safe to assume things will only get better, especially when lewan comes back.

Sure, it's one game. We've seen good games from Marcus before. I want to see many more before we talk extension. But fortunately, there are at least 15 more opportunities coming.

But to b!tch about this one is just stupid.

• High Five High Five x 5
    • Hit the Target Hit the Target x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar