Post-Game Thread Titans 43-Browns 13

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by TitanJeff, Sep 8, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dman5TX

Dman5TX Pro Bowler

When did I say anything about Tennessee drafting a QB? Lol

If Marcus doesn’t have many suitors this off-season we have no need to sign him to a long term contract. It’s all about leverage.

If there aren’t many/any teams offering him a long term deal with huge guarantees -why should we?

• Hit the Target Hit the Target x 2
  2. Afc46

Afc46 Oilers/Titans HoFer

I'm still enjoying this win !!!!

• High Five High Five x 3
  3. Gut

Gut Pro Bowler

You keep trying to argue one specific scenario which is highly unlikely. Try answering my question. If Mariota and Tannehill sign somewhere else...who is our starting QB in 2020???

4. Gut

Gut Pro Bowler

This close? Didn't we blow them out and Mariota threw 3 TD passes???

So can we agree Mariota was very effective for 3 quarters and had one bad quarter (quarter #2)?

• High Five High Five x 1
  5. abc2330

abc2330 Pro Bowler

We were much better on third down last year and should be better moving forward. I don't think that it should have been that close for the majority of 3 quarters.

Effective, sure. But he was put in position to where we could run the ball and execute one-read PA at a high rate. Any QB in the league should be effective in such a favorable situation. He struggled mightily with regular drop backs, and he was bailed out by a long field goal after a really dumb sack to make it a two score game. That made all of the difference, as it was clear that the Browns were trying to push the ball down the field to make up the point difference and played right into what Pees wanted to do.

We were 30th in passing attempts and 7th in YAC. The defense allowed 13 points and forced 3 INTs and 5 sacks. The team was excellent. Mariota was just there, really.

• Bullsh*t Bullsh*t x 2
  6. Rwill

Rwill Pro Bowler

Only thing we can agree on is we didn't watch the same game. Mariota was bad most of the game. Two of his 3 tds were gimmes that really should have gone to Henry since he was the one who ran us all the way down to the 9 yard line and then they let Mariota toss it in to pad his stats. Even then that came after the Browns defense quit and just let Henry run all over them. When they were still in the game and trying, they had Mariota looking like a rookie.

• Bullsh*t Bullsh*t x 2
    • WTF?! WTF?! x 1
  7. Dman5TX

Dman5TX Pro Bowler

It’s not highly unlikely lol I’ve stated why. No one can name a realistic team that would be willing to sign Marcus to a long term deal with big guaranteed money.

Why wouldn’t we be able to sign Tannehill? He is clearly the backup plan for 2020. He or Marcus will be our starting QB week 1 2020. No doubt about it.

• High Five High Five x 1
  8. Psychop1

Psychop1 Big Tee

Because it’s stupid at this point. At this time last year, Blake Bortles had played one game into his new contract. Now he’s backing up Goff. I wonder if there were Eagles fans sitting around huffing glue (as Eagles fans do) talking bout “We’ll keep Foles, there isn’t anywhere for him to go”. This is so stupid to debate.

Teams want good QB.

QB play good, teams want.

QB play bad, teams not want.

Just like EVERY year in the NFL. And we’ve pointed out countless examples of this happening.

• Hit the Target Hit the Target x 2
  9. Dman5TX

Dman5TX Pro Bowler

Lol that Bortles deal was signed knowing they were moving on from him after one year if he didn’t have a good season.

And people have been calling Foles to the Jags for a while lmao most predictable FA signing of all time.

While we are on the subject though. How many teams were interested in Nick Foles? How many made a contract offer?

I’m sorry you can’t understand that there are a lot of teams around the league who are already committed to a QB for the next few years. Do you need me to do a team by team breakdown for you?

10. Psychop1

Psychop1 Big Tee

Yeah, knock yourself out

• LOL LOL x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar