Post-Game Thread Titans 43-Browns 13

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by TitanJeff, Sep 8, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sean10mm

sean10mm Starter

Not sure how much to read into beating the Browns, who looked suspiciously like the Browns usually do. But you can't argue with the results. That was an industrial strength beating.

2. 10ACTyrant

10ACTyrant Starter

[​IMG]

• High Five High Five x 1
  3. Gut

Gut Pro Bowler

He throws for 250yds+/- and 3 TD's and you talk like that's average?

So what's your definition of a 'good' qb? Or list the qb's in the league who are 'good' qb's in your mind?

4. Rwill

Rwill Pro Bowler

Those numbers look good, no doubt. But I actually watched the entire game and I know what happened. Thanks for the information though.

5. Gut

Gut Pro Bowler

You're welcome. Weren't you and 520 and ABC complaining all off-season that Mariota doesn't put up the stats? And then when he puts up good stats you're still not happy in a blowout win?

I watched the game too...so I know what happened as well. So I ask again, what is YOUR definition of a 'good' qb and who are the qb's in the league that fit your criteria?

6. Rwill

Rwill Pro Bowler

No, you can lump me in with others but doesn't make it correct. I am not a "stats guy". Stats are generally misleading and if you try hard enough you can prove almost anything with stats, even opposite sides of an argument. I watch the games.

7. Gut

Gut Pro Bowler

So you weren't arguing he's not good because he didn't put up good stats??? That was only 520 and ABC?

So I've asked you the same question a few times and you're not answering it. What is a 'good' qb in your eyes and what qb's in the league do you consider the 'good' qb's???

8. abc2330

abc2330 Pro Bowler

It's one game.....obviously, if he throws 3 TDs per game, it would be dumb to nitpick. But I don't think it's nitpicking to point out that he was ineffective for 3 quarters and it took a dominant defensive effort to keep us in the game. It's the first game, and plenty of QBs did worse. We're just going to need production from more than PA .

• Bullsh*t Bullsh*t x 1
    • Hit the Target Hit the Target x 1
  9. Rwill

Rwill Pro Bowler

Good qbs in the league? There really arent very many. Brady, Brees, Rodgers, Mahomes are top level and the type of QB we should be looking for. Next level you have qbs like Rivers, Roethlisburger, Matt Ryan. If I were the Chargers or Steelers I would certainly be looking for my next qb since their time is coming to an end. Then you have a few up and comings that I would not say I am sold on, but I certainly would keep a wait and see on them like Goff and Prescott. Russell Wilson has his moments. Also plenty of qbs that I don't watch or have not seen enough to really say if they are good or not.

10. Finnegan2win

Finnegan2win hopesfall2win

14/24, 58%

75 yards came on a 2 yard toss.. come on now

one bomb to AJ which was nice.. but everything else was like 15 yards or less in the air

that's average

it's not always stats, it's how he looks throwing.. and his passes were nothing spectacular outside the AJ pass. Every pro QB is expected to hit those throws to Delanie.

• High Five High Five x 1
    • Hit the Target Hit the Target x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar