Post-Game Thread Titans 43-Browns 13

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by TitanJeff, Sep 8, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Roscoes Wetsuit

Roscoes Wetsuit Pro Bowler

Not lame at all. I praised him in shoutbox when it happened. There was another sack where the guy came in untouched and Marcus just laid down.

The team wants him to take unnecessary hits, and he did that today.

2. nbtoppers2

nbtoppers2 Pro Bowler

I love the reaction about Arthur getting the game ball.

• Cheers Cheers x 1
    • Hit the Target Hit the Target x 1
  3. The Hammer

The Hammer Ace Degenerate

post of the year

• High Five High Five x 1
  4. TitansWrath

TitansWrath Pro Bowler

Yeah, it should get better. It also helps that we have guys like brown, delanie, and hump put there in addition to Davis. This OC seems to understand that the best way to beat pressure is to get rid of the ball fast and make them pay. Our previous ocs only tried to put more blockers in and that didn't work.

• High Five High Five x 3
  5. DanPastorini

DanPastorini Starter

first two weeks of season are always way off what happens the rest of the way. The sad truth is Cleveland will have a better year than Titans.. but save this game for your memories

• WTF?! WTF?! x 2
    • Troll Troll x 2
    • Pigeon Bomb Pigeon Bomb x 1
  6. TitansWrath

TitansWrath Pro Bowler

I think the two teams were fairly evenly matched. The difference today was experience. The browns came in riding a wave of hype expecting to win. The Titans came in angry and feeling slighted.

The browns played undisciplined football. Way too many mistakes and penalties for them. They have a very young team. Need to grow up fast.

It would not at all surprise me if we are contending with the browns for a wild card slot later this season. It's nice to have the tie breaker. It also wouldn't surprise me for the browns to visit LP in the playoffs.

Right now, the Titans path to a division crown is as easy as its ever been. The browns is more difficult. That looks like a four team race in the north to me. In the south, it's us and the cows.

• Hit the Target Hit the Target x 2
  7. Riverman

Riverman That may be.... Tip Jar Donor

I definitely think the Browns will be better than what they were today and we caught them at a good time when they haven't gelled as a team. They were MASSIVELY undisciplined. The refs were not calling a lot of holding on them their first drive- they just kept on and then they got real chippy and undisciplined. And then the refs started calling a good game. The only bad call I saw was the early whistle on a sack that Mayfield had escaped. Other than that- the Browns were sloppy and undisciplined. That should get a bit better.

Kitchens is a gooballf- I don't know if he can reel that talent in and get all those egos dialed in. That team definitely crumbled under the pressure of they hype. Vrabel is a MASSIVELY better HC. That dude is for real.

And I think we still have a some issues with our OL that weren't obvious because of the Browns gifting us so many penalties. I'm hoping that gets cleaned up this week and when Lewan returns or we won't be able to put away teams that have been playing together for longer than the Browns.

But the Browns aren't better than us nor will they be at the end of season.

• Cheers Cheers x 1
  8. Dangermode

Dangermode A New Era has Begun

Absolutely!

• Hit the Target Hit the Target x 2
  9. Dangermode

Dangermode A New Era has Begun

I think Nate Davis will take the RG spot eventually. The FROGMAN!

• Cheers Cheers x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar