Post-Game Thread Titans 28, Browns 26

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by TitanJeff, Oct 16, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Titanium

Titanium TITANFN Staff

It was a clean hit. It's how they are coached to do it and he did it perfectly. I don't think he posted the vid because he injured another player, he was just bragging about the hit.

• High Five High Five x 2
    • Hit the Target Hit the Target x 1
  2. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

The guy only gets to play a handful of snaps, gotta make the most of them

The Jets had this same play happen Monday,,where are the Cards fans crying for a fine?

• High Five High Five x 1
  3. Bonky

Bonky Pro Bowler Tip Jar Donor

It's not like he's getting handed the ball on offense anytime soon. Posting a video on social media when he did isn't smart given the injury, but the play was fine. I hope he keeps it up.

4. RTH

RTH Meh...

Isn’t ODB known for making acrobatic catches? He shouldn't have to with Eli throwing to him.

5. GrayGhost1951

GrayGhost1951 Starter

Not a perfect world. Many times a QB has to get rid of the ball before he wants to because the pocket is collapsing and he knows he has about one second before he gets lit up. This is where you have to have faith that your receiver will go and get it. I don't know if KW slowed down, but he was wide open and MM was not under pressure. Still, you have to consider he only "missed" him by one step. And the ball was overthrown, not underthrown. So he did some things right. It would be nice to see him hit one in stride, but this was only KW's second game back, and MM hasn't been throwing deep balls. Let's hope this all sorts itself out as these guys get used to each other every week.

• Cheers Cheers x 1
  6. Jwill1919

Jwill1919 Coach

I cheers'd your post.

But don't over exaggerate and infer that these are common occurrances. Diving catches can and should be made. But, the positioning of these catches(over-the shoulder Dives) make it extremely difficult for these catches to be made. In today's NFL, if the ball simply moves when a player hits the ground it's deemed Incomplete, and when a player makes an upfield/over-the-shoulder diving catch he almost 100% lands ON the ball meaning the ball is almost definitely going to move from the jarring force. In most other diving catches, the WR is able to Tuck and Roll, usually pulling a shoulder in to make first contact with the ground.

The fact that both of these catches were made, completed and were upfield dives(not lateral or sideline) without the ball moving or being jarred loose is just about the biggest miracle i've seen in Titanland for quite some time.

• High Five High Five x 2
  7. Jwill1919

Jwill1919 Coach

I'd rather have an underthrown ball than an overthrown ball 100% of the time. Overthrown balls are usually incomplete or physically impossible to catch. Underthrows(not 15 yds underthrown) still offer the opportunity for a catch or PI.

8. Kaeotik

Kaeotik Pro Bowler

The Andrews Poyer hit was legal and clean. That said, Andrews knew he was admitted to the hospital before he went to social media with it. Pretty classless of him. I can honestly say there's no way I would do that. Oh well. Hope he recovers fully and quickly.

• Boring Boring x 1
    • Cheers Cheers x 1
  9. GrayGhost1951

GrayGhost1951 Starter

Or an interception.

• Cheers Cheers x 2
    • High Five High Five x 1
  10. GrayGhost1951

GrayGhost1951 Starter

OK...now I am glad Andrews lit him up. What a whiner.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    "But if you're a special teams guy and you're popping that stuff on there like you're some type of superhero or something just because you're hitting a guy blindsided and you think that's cool, that's where the problem comes in.

"So I think he should stay to his special teams and what he does and don't post stuff when a man's not looking and taking a hit like that."

Poyer also responded on Twitter to Andrews' video, asking him why he would post it on social media. Andrews commented that it's a "contact sport" but did tell Poyer to "get well soon."

• LOL LOL x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar