Post-Game Thread Titans 26, Eagles 23 OT

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by TitanJeff, Sep 30, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ten_Titans

Ten_Titans Pro Bowler

Hard to take a guy seriously that doesn't even know the rules.

• High Five High Five x 1
    • LOL LOL x 1
  2. Dangermode

Dangermode A New Era has Begun

Just rewatched the game, twice, and had a few thoughts.

First off, the game saver award goes to Nick Williams, who's incredible flop on the OT drive drew the drive saving pass interference call. Watch that play again, he's barely touched, but as his head turns to see the ball passing him, he launches his body into the air and falls to the ground with his arms in the air. He's like the Ronaldo of American football on that one.

A for effort goes to Tajae Sharpe, who's downfield blocking throughout the game was exceptional too. He and Nick Williams are two of the best blocking WR this team has had in years. Dion Lewis maybe doesn't convert that 4th and 2 without Tajae's clutch blocking.

Derrik Henry isn't nearly as bad as some of you are claiming. He had a big time catch and run 13 yard play for a 1st down, a strong 14 yard run for a first down, and a powerful 8 yard run where he threw Malcolm Jenkins away like a JV player. That's 3 significant plays out of only 9 touches and he was met in the backfield on EVERY play. His 4 negative runs were not really his fault as the Eagles penetrated easily and he had nowhere to go.

Taywan Taylor had 16 targets last year total. He already has 19 this year in four games. Here are his snap counts the first 4 weeks : 9, 24, 32, 45. They've gone up every week of the season and for good reason. The coaches clearly see what Jrob saw when he traded up for him. His 4th and 15 overtime catch broke my couch. You owe me a couch Taywan.

• High Five x 4
    • Cheers x 2
    • LOL x 1
    • Informative x 1
    • Hit the Target x 1
  3. MariGOATa

MariGOATa Starter

That seems to be the theme of this thread...

Titans should trade Henry and a pick for r.freeman considering Denver doesn't use him. Makes Henry look like a girl.... but then again who doesn't.

• High Five High Five x 1
  4. Gut

Gut Pro Bowler

Only thing I disagree with is that we NEED our running game to come around. Mariota isn't Tom Brady. We can't expect that him throwing it 50-60 times a game is a great thing and he doesn't get killed. But it's great to know that we CAN deliver the goods with a blistering passing attack if need be and we know Mariota will go all out when the game is on the line!

• High Five High Five x 2
  5. Gut

Gut Pro Bowler

6. Gut

Gut Pro Bowler

All valid points. I'll worry less about Mariota not placing the ball perfectly if he still gets it there. At this point, he seemed like night and day in the second half throwing than the previous game so I think he's still behind the 8-ball in practice time with his proper throwing mechanics. I think he'll improve with more practice time while healthy and with more experience in this offense. I'd also add he needs to get through his reads a bit faster to anticipate a little better. A few plays he was slow to recognize where to go but the protection gave him the time to deliver. He also bought himself a little more time with better movement in the pocket...ala the last play.

7. Gut

Gut Pro Bowler

Some yes...some not sure. The last deep one the safety in the middle of the field breaks on another wr who has an underneath defender. I suspect he thought he'd have deep help down the middle and slowed to undercut the wr if he broke in our out...but the S left and he was left beaten by a few yards. hard to know if that was on Butler, on the S or simply a product of them not playing enough together yet...ie...a blown coverage. But he has been beaten straight up too. On the other hand, he did make a key pick in 1v1 in the endzone.

We'll see. Peas is still learning what these guys can and can't do and the better he knows the players, the better he will utilize them (and they will play 'better')!

8. Gut

Gut Pro Bowler

When I watched it live...I thought that too...and he certainly did over-react to draw the call. However, he was held prior to his 'flop' so defensive holding would have been the right call (don't remember if they called holding or pi).

I was just shocked that they actually threw a flag for pi on the 'last' play of the game. We have been victimized in the past with a mugging and no call.

9. Gut

Gut Pro Bowler

Makes you wonder IF the Steelers would take a 3rd round pick for Bell. Bell would know he's not gonna be overused here since we have another impact rb he would split time with...and we know Bell can not only run, but is awesome catching the ball...

Hmmmmm….

10. MariGOATa

MariGOATa Starter

8 , 13, and 14 yard plays aren’t what I’d call significant. Great backs are able to make yards out of nothing. JAG’s need wide open running lanes.

• Bullsh*t Bullsh*t x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar