Post-Game Thread Titans 20, Dolphins 27

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by TitanJeff, Sep 9, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

2. 10ECTyrant

10ECTyrant What! Tip Jar Donor

Eternal optimist:
    Just remember 1999 we lost to dolphins and we made it to super bowl. Just sayin............

End of thread

3. ImATitan

ImATitan Pro Bowler

Couldn't read through the whole thread. Way too many negative overreactions.

This was awful, but we got caught up in a cluster of a bad luck storm. This was as strange a game as I recall.

Longest game in NFL history for starters. That's tough on the road in wet conditions. The reffing + injury luck was awful.

Some of you calling Mariota soft. It's frustrating I get it. But that nerve caused his hand/fingers to go numb. Is what it is. I thought he looked pretty good before the injury. He nearly started the game 9/9 with a TD pass if Taywan doesn't drop an absolute dime in the end zone

Lewan? How that wasn't a penalty + ejection I have no idea. Amateur hour with these refs

The Delanie Walker holding call that prevented a tie game was pathetic. Walker is actually getting his face mask tugged. Ridiculous.

Losing Walker for the year is awful but it doesn't mean season over. I believe in LaFleur's ability as a schemer to account for that. Mariota and/or Lewan would be a different story though

I'm confident Mariota and Lewan will play week 2 though. We beat the Cows and u guys step away from the ledge

All imI saying is let's not jump to conclusions and make assumptions about the season after one of the strangest NFL games you'll ever watch.

• High Five High Five x 1
    • Cheers Cheers x 1
  4. 10ACTyrant

10ACTyrant Starter

no way taylor gets cleared to play bruv

5. Alzarius

Alzarius Pro Bowler Tip Jar Donor

6. VondyP

VondyP Undisputed 2QBeaver Champion

yeah lets start throwing him fades too, i mean he is a pro after all. he should catch it.

• Unreadable Unreadable x 1
  7. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

So.... Your examples are teams going for it on 4th down with either time expiring in the 4th quarter or time expiring into the half (meaning, they'll likely get the ball back if they fail and the opposing team has little time to score).

Also what's lacking here is noting the field position and score at the time of the play.

You tried. And typed a lot though.

Now show me how many good teams go for it on 4th down in the 1st down 7-3 while in field goal range.

Good luck. :)

8. Alzarius

Alzarius Pro Bowler Tip Jar Donor

Go read what I said again

Or I'll make it even more simple.

The examples I provided were to show you that out of all of those situations, only a few were with time expiring towards the end of the 2nd abd 4th quarter. The rest were aggressive playcalling.

The field position had nothing to do with what we were discussing. Youe argument is that 4th down attempts are desperation or bad coaching.

I provided examples of good coaches and times they were done, not out of desperation.

This is the time you try to refute my argument, not:

(Continued from above)

:not asking me to go spend more time debunking your ridiculous statement after you show that you cant even grasp what I said above

9. rock8titans

rock8titans Starter

It's been almost a week, but I had to add a post here.

One call doesn't make or break a game, but that being said Jerome Booger might be the absolute worst ref the NFL has. The guy is clueless. I recall many games in the past where he has blown big calls against the Titans, I can't stand him. Anyone notice on one neutral zone infraction call he made, he used the false start signal even though he said "neutral zone infraction" lolol He's a bumbling dumb@ss. Who threw the flag for that supposed hold on the long Henry run? Was it him? I knew the run would come back Booger always nullifies big plays by the Titans with ghost penalties.

• High Five High Five x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar