Post-Game Thread Titans 20, Dolphins 27

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by TitanJeff, Sep 9, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Afc46

Afc46 Oilers/Titans HoFer

We've lost 5 straight games when this A$$ clown is the ref, and on all of those games it's been the same thing. Phantom call against us and the penalties unbalanced against us.
    Not saying its rigged, but at some point they have to prove it's not.

• Hit the Target Hit the Target x 2
  2. abc2330

abc2330 Pro Bowler

Not many teams can overcome the refs taking points off the board when the starting QB is out.

3. Tuckfro42

Tuckfro42 Frozen Donkey Wheel

The problem is, we say this all the time.

• High Five High Five x 1
  4. Aqutis30

Aqutis30 Do you mind - NOT being a Motaur?

Ok so I finally am able to respond to last nights game. With it being week 1 I'm not going to act as if the sky is falling but there are legit concerns with this team.

1. MM8 has got to be better than this. He is in year 4 and just looks awful out there. He did confirm on the radio that he was pulled from the game and was not his decision.

2.Our OL in the beginning was getting pushed around but as the Fins OL starrted to wear down toward the end of the game there were a lot more positive plays

3. Is it the QB or is CD in the wrong place a lot when the ball is thrown to him?

4. Taywan doing what he does best. Falling down. I believe I saw that he only played 9 snaps on offense?

5. Delanie is done for the year and possibly for his career. His age is catching up with him

6. Refs..... Every time Henry breaks a big one there is a hold call against us lol

7. Refs #2.... 3 taunting penalties but no penalty for the crackback block on Lewan? Danblino was going on about how they should be talking about ejections

8. I thought the defense over all was ok.

9. Thank God for Dion Lewis. Without him, last nights offensive effort could of been a lot worse.

Again, it's week 1 and I expect to see a lot of this stuff get better but man that is not how I thought the season would start for us.

• Cheers Cheers x 1
  5. Johnnyb

Johnnyb RTR

At some point I've stopped thinking the crew is just terrible when it keeps happening over, and over, and over.

But this will never go anywhere beyond Titans fans complaining about it, and the rest of the league won't care the tiniest bit. We're screaming into the void.

• Hit the Target Hit the Target x 3
  6. Riverman

Riverman That may be.... Tip Jar Donor

Truthfully, good teams overcome bad calls. When that happens, the bad calls quit being so important in the outcome of the game. We had MANY opportunities to win that game, despite the egregious calls. We didn’t make the necessary plays on offense. We’d have been 2 TD’s, maybe 3 TD’s more if throw’s and catches were better.

• Hit the Target Hit the Target x 1
  7. Aqutis30

Aqutis30 Do you mind - NOT being a Motaur?

The same clown that called an off sides penaly on the Defense but gave a false start signal.....

8. abc2330

abc2330 Pro Bowler

10 out of 14 games were decided by one score or less this week. The refs taking away a TD changes the outcomes of games. We aren't complaining about a missed Holding call, but a make believe penalty which really has no justification.

• Cheers Cheers x 1
  9. Subjugation

Subjugation Starter

Im not sure I understand why the defense is getting a pass by most people? There was literally no pass rush. They got the one sack, but Tannehill was sitting back there all day picking us apart. They basically ran the ball at will. If there wasnt 2 2 hour breaks, im not sure The game would have even been close, The dolphins hurt the dolphins more than the titans D.

Mariota is playing scared, i mean the entire team was poushed around and manhandled all day, everyone looked confused and weak. Its not like we played a good game and lost on some calls or because of injuries, we all saw what we saw regardless of the results, Im concerned about the coaching and the players we have in place.

• Hit the Target Hit the Target x 1
  10. Riverman

Riverman That may be.... Tip Jar Donor

I agree somewhat. The poor officiating definitely effected the outcome of the game. But that one call can’t be explained as the difference between winning and losing. A game is a dynamic progress. Every play effects the next plays situation, risk taking/play calling etc. Good teams with players that execute consistently can adjust the risk taking level to compensate for the bad call(s). We tried, we just didn’t execute. If the bad calls against us had not been made, we wouldn’t have had to make adjustments with our risk taking, but that is just part of the game. No officials are perfect. Just some are really really less perfect. And some officials simply are incompetent. I put Boger in that category.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar