Titans 1st Round Selection (#10): G Chance Warmack

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by TitanJeff, Apr 25, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

32 teams did not think Larry Warford was worth a 1st rd pick. 9 o-linemen were taken and he was not one of them. Even a center came off before he did.

We took the best player on the board.

As for DTs, while i'm sure it was tempting to take Richardson or Floyd at 10 they probably were a little shy about taking a DT that high who weighs under 300 lbs. You could argue that Datone Jones was similar caliber.

• High Five High Five x 1
  2. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

DW's Larry Warford strategy..

Imagine we had gone for a DT at 10 with the idea we could get a good guard in rd 2.

Pugh is gone, Long is gone and what happens if Warford comes off before we pick in rd 2? We would be stuck without a quality guard pick.

We took care of that need already and now we can have our pick of some good players in rd 2. Hunter and teo still there perhaps when we pick among others.

• High Five High Five x 6
  3. Big TT

Big TT AKA QUADZILLA-STATE CHAMP-

Never ran the ball have you. LOSER

4. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

I'm shocked that DW likes Warford. He usually hates any black sec prospect. Perhaps he doesn't realize that Kentucky is in the sec.

5. Kaeotik

Kaeotik Pro Bowler

lol @ Deuce claiming Warmack "gets knocked back often." What the hell has he been watching. This guy's a freakin powerhuse!!

6. CJtheBeast

CJtheBeast Starter

Yea dude's solid.

7. JiminyBillyBob

JiminyBillyBob Pro Bowler

I agree. He is a beast. If CJ does not get any rushing lanes this coming season Matthews needs to be relieved of his duties. He now has a line every coach would dream of.

8. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

your assuming the mental midget will be rushing forward in 2013

9. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

And Cam will still fizzle out.

Earl Thomas I admitted to being wrong on.

BUT skip over the 8/10 players I'm always right about.

-- don't get it twisted. I don't think Warmack is a bad player.

I think he's a boring player that'll never really show a visible impact and his talent can be found in round 2 and 3.

There's a difference.

Basically- he's not going to win us any games. That's ok for a later rounder. A first rounder? This dude better find a way to do something special... and he didn't do it at Alabama.

10. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

... because Larry Warford is a 2nd round pick, and teams knew this.

But I get it. I mean... players never play better than their draft grade. Players never outperform those taken before them.

Right?

Best player on the board my azz...

You know what that stupid rating of Warmack's means?...

Nothing.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar