Titans 1st Round Selection (#10): G Chance Warmack

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by TitanJeff, Apr 25, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LoneWolf

LoneWolf Starter

Everyone is just butthurt it wasn't a sexy pick even though they all wanted guard last year

2. titanbaknedkly

titanbaknedkly Starter

I can't say that I like the pick too much. Just seems like a waste when you have other OGs in the latter rounds. It just reminded me of a Jeff Fisher style pick while he was here in TN. Playing it safe. He seems to take more risk in St. Louis than he did while here.

Not that I like or wanted Eifert but we might as well had taken him and given Locker another weapon in the passing game and go OG in later rounds. Warmack may be a "safe" pick but he is a LG and getting ready to transition to RG. Might as well went with Fluker. At least he is familiar with the right side and has more versatility to play tackle as well if Stewart gets hurt again or in a few years replace Stewart. Also Warford in the 2nd is a RG and also offers versatility as OC since he was backup center in Kentucky. Warmack is a guard only and can only play that one position. Warford and Fluker are both road graters and offers the same thing that Warmack does while offering versatility.

After Ansah, Jordan, and a few others were gone we may as well just traded with San Fran or someone and got an extra second or even get a 1st in next years draft since talentwise we weren't getting difference makers. That way we can be prepared for next year to draft another QB if necessary and/or give us more options in the first round of next year to maybe put us over the edge.

• High Five High Five x 1
  3. ScotTitan

ScotTitan Starter

Totally cool with the pick.

Best O-line in the league.
    lets go!

4. Johnsimon

Johnsimon Camp Fodder

I was fooled. Warford will be good. But who would have been a better pick at ten?

5. SawdustMan

SawdustMan #ChampChamp

If Warmack is as good as advertised, then it's a great pick. If he ends up just being average or slightly above-average, then it's going to look like an awful pick in hindsight.

Like I said in the other thread, I'm fine with the pick as OL is a huge need for us. But I have a feeling we're going to regret passing on one or two of those defensive players that were still on the board. Only time will tell.

6. UrbanLegend3

UrbanLegend3 Pro Bowler

Star is the only right answer.

7. Alzarius

Alzarius Pro Bowler Tip Jar Donor

On the bright side, that happens ever year to a lot of teams.

8. ColtKiller

ColtKiller Starter

I'm ecstatic bout the pick.

9. Tuckfro42

Tuckfro42 Frozen Donkey Wheel

Love the pick! You idiots do realize that there were FOUR guards taken in the first round this year, right? There were something like 9 O linemen taken in the first round. The thought that we would get a quality guard in later rounds is laughable. Wonderful pick that will solidify our O line for years to come. Not sexy, but necessary.

• High Five High Five x 2
  10. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

at least hes not short. And fat and slow is acceptable for interior linemen.

All good IMO

still should have taken one of the Gs last year, but now the Titans can look at other position groups going forward

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar