Titans 1st pick: DE Carlos Dunlap

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by Titans News, Feb 18, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

Griffen had 8 sacks last season.
    Dunlap had 9. Graham had 10.5.

I'm not sure 2.5 sacks difference means diddly squat but potential certainly does. I guess we should draft Austin Lane from Murry State. 6'6, 270, had 11 sacks (actually he might be as good as some of these big name guys in the NFL).

2. PAtitansfan53

PAtitansfan53 Kush & OJ

I don't mind Griffen as much as I do Dunlap. Yes 9 sacks is solid but 5 came in two of his fourteen games so in the other 12 games he had four sacks. 1/3 of those sacks came against Mississippi State. That is inconsistent and he only had 34 total tackles in 14 games. Along with being inconsistent he has had poor interviews and doesn't seem to have great instincts/high football IQ. Classic boom or bust but I'm leaning towards bust with his poor attitude and work ethic.

Griffen put up similar stats with 7 sacks and 43 total tackles in 13 games. He started off very hot but failed to record a sack in the last 6 games. they share many of the same traits like inconsistent, better athletes then football players, run ins with the law, ect. I do like Griffen more then Dunlap though I think he could worked with into something good under the right coaching like Washburn. Dunlap not so much IMO.

3. 2ToneBlueBlood

2ToneBlueBlood Pro Bowler

Dunlap scares me. He seems like he's got a lot of baggage and he'd be a boom or bust. Give me someone like Graham any day, someone who has a KVB like motor and will give you 100% every play. Plus, did you watch the Senior Bowl? The dude was unblockable!

4. Big Time Titan

Big Time Titan Big Time Titan

I don't know enough about these guys and didn't see them play. But I have heard/read/seen nothing but bad things about Dunlap.

This part about Graham sounds very enticing. Hope he's still on the board, I've seen a couple of mocks that have him going in the final spots in the 1st, some as high as 15.

5. luvyablue23

luvyablue23 Camp Fodder

If we go DE; please let it be Graham. He's the only one I'm remotely interested in and please let us grab him ONLY if we trade down and recoup a 2nd.

6. cdubbs2121

cdubbs2121 Pro Bowler

heres all im gonna say...plenty of people on this bored cried their eyes out when we drafted chris johnson and I was skeptical with drafting an unknown running back...but he turned out...decent. So we'll just have to see after free agency, and generally any player who was a beast on the gators in the sec is gonna be pretty solid and not just a workout warrior. Character wise, I dont like him, and Im a seminole so veto on the pick haha

7. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

Many of us cried our eyes out when we drafted Chris Henry, too.

8. luvyablue23

luvyablue23 Camp Fodder

You guys stopped crying??? I'm still in tears

9. el_darax

el_darax Camp Fodder

The Brit-man is one of the best draft signings I can remember this team making in the recent years (sans you-know-who that has name that starts with "C" :) )

He has the ability to be a top 20 WR someday in this league considering his rookie performance. I can't wait to see how he develops.

We will hopefully solve our LB prob but please dun' blame one of the diamonds in the Titan's rough. It makes me a sad panda. :(

10. Gut

Gut Pro Bowler

Just say NO to Dunlap!!!

• High Five High Five x 2
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar