Titans 1st pick: DE Carlos Dunlap

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by Titans News, Feb 18, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PAtitansfan53

PAtitansfan53 Kush & OJ

Ummmm.....the only reason our receiving corps is solid is because of Kenny Britt.

2. Big Time Titan

Big Time Titan Big Time Titan

Sure Kenny is great. But now look at us, we've got no one at LB

3. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

so if we went LB last year we wouldn't have anyone at WR. what are you getting at?

you can't fill two positions with one pick, that's why they do this thing every year....

4. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

Before the season started we were set at all three starting spots and we did draft a solid guy in Mcgrath in rd 4. I don't think they anticipated Thornton's decline and certainly didn't expect Bulluck to blow a knee. I'm not sure why they don't have tulloch signed.

Signing tulloch is significant because he can play 2 positions and Mcgrath can probably play all 3 LB positions so we have flexibility in bringing a new guy in. Brackett to me is the ideal guy because he fits our scheme and brings us the same kind of leadership that we got from keith.

5. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

Back to dunlap..

If there is a guy who has that mario williams-julius peppers combination of size and speed it is this guy not the 6'2 graham.

We will see what he does in the combine and i'm sure he won't have the same kind of inhuman numbers Williams had(35 reps!) but at 6'6 290 compare some of his speed numbers to other guys his size.

He is not too small to play inside in our system he is the same weight as our best DT and he is 3 inches taller. He has a huge wingspan and can probably get stronger.

6. TorontoTitanFan

TorontoTitanFan Pro Bowler

I just don't see that speed in the game film and I think it's crazy to compare Dunlap to Peppers or Williams. You obviously see something else. Only time will tell which one of us is right and I'm certainly no expert when it comes to scouting d-lineman. All I know is that I'm definitely not in favor of the Titans taking Dunlap. He would probably be 3rd or 4th on my board as far as d-linemen go.

7. CaptainQuick

CaptainQuick Starter

I don't post much here, but drafting Dunlap with our first pick is dumber than drafting Chris Henry with a second round pick. Numero Uno, the guy has "character issues" You know when you hear those two words, we all think of Adam. Not going through that again. IMO, if we draft DE in first round, i go after Everson Griffen. I think the guy from South Florida is the best DE in the draft followed by the guy at GT. Griffen is third best and should be available to us. Drafting Dunlap because of his size is pitiful.

8. PAtitansfan53

PAtitansfan53 Kush & OJ

Dunlap doesn't have close to the athleticism Peppers or Mario have. Peppers is a freak they put him at WR a few times because of his height and vertical near the red zone. He played basketball at UNC arguably the best basketball program in the NCAA (not this year obviously) and was a stud DE on the football team. Mario is a beast and Dunlap will not put up combine numbers like him I guarantee you that unless he is twice as fast without pads.

Yeah he's huge and hes above average athleticism for a big man but we need a DE who can rush the passer and he shows an average burst and a bull rush. He could get stronger/bigger/faster but his work ethic leaves a lot to be desired along with his football IQ.

9. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

I want a Jevon Kearse of 1999 type DE if we go that route with our 1st pick.

10. BigD73OT

BigD73OT NFL Free Agent

There is pretty good depth at DE throughout the draft. If we don't take one in the first round I'm sure we can find one in the 3rd or 4th. Although I would like to see one taken in the first round then go after Javier Arenas in the 3rd.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar