Titans 1st pick: DE Carlos Dunlap

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by Titans News, Feb 18, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Titans News

Titans News Guest

The NFL Draft is still two months away.

My pick for the Titans: Florida defensive end Carlos Dunlap. He’s a bigger and stronger version of Jevon Kearse, who was an instant hit for the Titans in the 1999 Draft.

With veteran Kyle Vanden Bosch expected to move on this offseason – Vanden Bosch sure doesn’t expect to be back – I put defensive end as the team’s priority this offseason. Kearse, of course, won’t be back after a lackluster 2009 season.

At defensive end, the Titans will return William Hayes, who is getting better each game. They also have Jacob Ford, who has been a bright spot in spurts. Other than that, Dave Ball likely returns as a restricted free agent, and Eric Bakhtiari will also be back.

In the 2010 draft, four defensive ends stand out, starting with Georgia Tech’s Derrick Morgan, who will be long gone when the Titans pick in the middle of the first round.

USC’s Everson Griffen, South Florida’s Jason Pierre-Paul and Dunlap are the other three.

Someone could very well grab Dunlap by the time the Titans pick. If I’m in the front office, I know I’d pick him.

2. PAtitansfan53

PAtitansfan53 Kush & OJ

God I hope not.

3. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

Not so fast, read this.
    http://www.nfl.com/news/story?id=09000d5d81676a28&template=with-video-with-comments&confirm=true

4. TorontoTitanFan

TorontoTitanFan Pro Bowler

It better the hell NOT be Dunlap. That guy disappears for loooong stretches. He'll make a couple good plays in a row and then totally disappear for the rest of the game (and probably the next one, too). Everyone is comparing him to Jamaal Anderson, which is clearly not a good thing.

I would much prefer Pierre-Paul.

5. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

Graham is better.

• High Five High Five x 2
  6. PAtitansfan53

PAtitansfan53 Kush & OJ

I'll cry if he's there and we pass. Unless we draft Morgan/McClain

7. JCBRAVE

Okay maybe this might happen after all. Looks like Jim Schwartz wants KVB as a Lion.

8. Soxcat

Soxcat Pro Bowler

Picking a guy because he is bigger and stronger than Kearse is about as retarded a reason to pick a guy I can think of. Jake Scott is bigger and stronger than Kearse. Woulds he make a good DE?

Dunlop is either a strong side guy or a DT. I don't see him as a guy with blazing speed who can rush the passer like Dwight Freeney. That would be the ideal guy.

9. JCBRAVE

Perfectly said. I would also prefer if we went DE early that we get someone with some real speed for the position. We don't need big bodied guys to push the line, we need someone who can chase after people since the 2nd and 3rd line of defense tackles well.

10. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

for love of god, what has dunlap ever done to warrant being a first round selection other than have a great size/speed ratio?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar