titans 1st 5 rounds mock

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by talldrinko, Mar 24, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

Don't we have 11 picks?

So why just 7 picks?

2. PAtitansfan53

PAtitansfan53 Kush & OJ

How about Lorenzo Booker round 5 instead of CJ Gaddis.

3. Austin_Bill

Austin_Bill Camp Fodder

I think the news on Pacman seals the need for another corner in either the 1st or 2nd. As much as I wanted to put a DE in round 1 or 2 I just didn't see one worthy of it being available when we picked at either spot. Like I said there are really only 4 DE that are worthy of being taken in round 1 and probably another 3 worthy of being taken in round 2. My guess is the top 4 will all be gone by the 19th pick so you are left to take 2nd round talent in the 1st round. Of the 3 2nd round level DE I can almost guarantee that all 3 will be gone by the time the Titans pick in the 2nd. Which then leaves using a 2nd round pick for 3rd round talent.

What I think will happen is that by the time the 19th pick comes the guys left on the board worthy of that pick will be either a WR or a Corner. When I did my Mock I figured an old DB like Reinfieldt would go after a DB.

In the 2nd I can wish and hope for a DE to fall but I highly doubt it. I actually could see a run on DE starting in the 2nd. A much better bet is that a WR with 1st round talent could fall into the 2nd much like Lendale White did last year. The problem with that is the Dline needs to be addressed badly.

What it comes down to is there just isn't enough quality picks for all the holes in this team. If these guys want to compete next year they are going to have to spend some FA money.

4. GLinks

GLinks Second Gear

1)Houston/Revis/Hall
    2)Crowder/Jason Hill/Anthony Gonzalez
    3)Jay Moore/Ikaika Alama-Francis
    4)Dan Bazuin/Lorenzo Booker/Samson Satele
    4)David Ball
    5)Kevin Boss
    6)Jared Zbransky
    6)?
    7)?

5. Tez

Tez Camp Fodder

I like Gaddis, maybe Booker over Datish?

6. DCtitan49

DCtitan49 Guest

we should get gilbert arenas cousin when he graduates

7. titansfan9

titansfan9 Camp Fodder

1. WR Dwayne Jarrett
    2. DE Quentin Moses
    3. RB Kenny Irons
    4. CB Jonathan Wade
    4. OG Manuel Ramirez
    5. LB Tim Shaw
    6. DT Paul Soliai
    6. QB Chris Leak
    7. DE/LB Jacob Ford
    7. ATH Syvelle Newton

8. i dont see us going after a rb that high... i would take booker in the 4th or 5th cause hes super fast, and would be an excellent change of pace to compliment lendale

9. GLinks

GLinks Second Gear

Ugh. This draft doesn't get going until round three.

Are you guys that want Jarrett in one just trying to jinx us or what?

Sorry, that's just how I feel. The man...can't...run...! Aaarrggghhhh!

I used to be intrigued by him, but that was before...his...failure....to run!

Ted Ginn will heal....DJ will not get any faster. I might be okay with him...if...he....could....get....off....the.....line....consistently....but he can't!

I will flip a switch if we draft Charles Johnson, Dwayne Jarrett, Sydney Rice, Anthony Spencer, yadda yadda yadda, at pick #19.

10. i flip a switch everyday... it helps me see when im inside =]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar