Post-Game Thread Titans 17-Colts 19

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by titanfanatic, Sep 15, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. titanfanatic

titanfanatic I Piss Excellence Staff

2. skitch

skitch Shut Up and Play Ball!

He was bad today. No defending it but, he wasn’t the only one. Everything was bad.

3. Aqutis30

Aqutis30 Do you mind - NOT being a Motaur?

Ok, I had to take some time and leave the house after the game today to get some air and buy some chit so here is my two cents:

As far as Mary is concerned, he is what he is, not the long term answer for this organization. It's that simple. The high throws, floating passes, decisions making (spiking the ball on 3rd and 2), and him trying to get himself killed with all of the leaps that didn't really gain much. Today's QB play was embarrassing to say the least. This game highlighted how much the 180 yards of penalties the Browns accrued last week REALLY helped us. Mary taking all those sacks when he had time to get rid of the ball is going to be his ultimate undoing.

Kelly at LT did a good job today, but the interior OL (C and RG) were leaking sieves today. Pamphile always hurt and Douglas is barely serviceable. Ben Jones is what we know he is at C. I'm tired of hearing about Nate Davis "working his way back". If the dude can't go Thursday then put his ass on IR and get somebody else in his spot.

Even though Mary threw a lot of high passes today, they were still passes that could be caught. Brown, Davis and the rest of the WR's have to reel those in. It takes two to tango in the passing game so it's not all on Mary.

Today was a bad day for both Vrabel and Arthur. Questionable play calling and game/clock management. Why did we let the clock run on 4th down on the next to last possession? They had the lead, not us! Time is precious resource in this scenario! We are 3-30 on 3rd down conversions....3! Also, it's obvious coaches are afraid to throw the challenge flag on PI calls.

The Titans defense again shined, at times, giving this team chance after chance today. Now, the amount of missed tackles and sacks are unacceptable. They just couldn't seem to get Brisket down. We rarely blitzed more than 4 and I can understand that. Pees put his money on the dime and nickel packages to stifle TY and the passing game hoping we could manage Mack and the run game. Something I think we did well. The Colts made just enough plays to extend drives and eat up clock.

We are now 1-1 and 0-1 in the AFCS. We went from 1st to 3rd in three hours and are at risk of going into the cellar at 1-2 and 0-2 in the AFCS Thursday night. I honestly feel like there could be the possibility of a QB change incoming if we do lose Thursday night. At which point Mary's career with the Titans will go into its death throes.

• Hit the Target Hit the Target x 2
  4. altitan

altitan Pro Bowler

Wnat it just me or when the titans went up with that td, theu went into straight, play not to loss mode?

• Hit the Target Hit the Target x 1
  5. VondyP

VondyP Undisputed 2QBeaver Champion

they definitely did

• High Five High Five x 1
  6. RockyTop Fox

RockyTop Fox Offensive Coordinator

Corey Davis can't stand the fact that he got drafted 5th overall to a team without a QB who can throw him or anybody the ball down the field.

• High Five High Five x 3
    • Hit the Target Hit the Target x 1
  7. Aqutis30

Aqutis30 Do you mind - NOT being a Motaur?

Mary would of floated that pass over CD on that last play if he had thrown it his way.

• High Five High Five x 2
  8. Dman5TX

Dman5TX Pro Bowler

Yeah you probably said that about Mularkey too huh? JRob knows what’s going on. He knows where we are weak.

9. ICBW

ICBW MILF Hunter

He has a right to be mad. He also has a right to know hes dropped a couple passes and that's why he might not of been looked at

• High Five High Five x 2
    • LOL LOL x 1
  10. skitch

skitch Shut Up and Play Ball!

He might want to check a mirror as well. He is not the new and shiny GM he once was. Some of his draft choices and signings are far from perfect.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar