Post-Game Thread Titans 15, Jaguars 10

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Laserjock, Dec 31, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Psychop1

Psychop1 Big Tee

I had been giving the Jags too much credit. I realized they are just a crappier version of the Titans with an easier schedule

• High Five High Five x 2
  2. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

Bortles will be Bortles. I fully expect them to lose next week.

3. VondyP

VondyP Undisputed 2QBeaver Champion

Mariota Church after stiff arm.jpg

4. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

It was bitter cold but the Titans offense was just horrible yesterday—especially on 3rd-and-1. We were calling plays based on the formation from the stands. I despise those tight formations when only one WR and a TE is available when a pass is called.

Besides the nice Henry screen for the TD, the Titans repeatedly blew opportunities to put the game away. They won't win next week if they don't take better advantage of turnovers.

Besides covering the inside of the field, and not getting pressure on Bortles early, the Titans D was outstanding. If the Titans can figure out some way to slow Kelce, they have a shot.

My other fear defensively is passes into the flat to Hunt. I expect to see a lot of that as well.

• High Five High Five x 4
  5. SamusAranX

SamusAranX Starter

I would venture to say my Jags have the better defense, but the Titans have a better offense. Mariota may have more upside than Bortles, especially if you get a coach other than Mularkey. Bortles is Bortles. Average if that.

6. QuickSand

QuickSand Starter

The playbook sucks cause our QB cant throw downfield with any sort of consistency.

7. titanfanatic

titanfanatic I Piss Excellence Staff

9CC13F1F-F54E-45C1-AB3E-4EF7FF19EE82.jpeg BE6B2674-0535-49EB-918C-78B46C516F34.jpeg

• High Five High Five x 1
  8. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

99 called SF and Arizona 'scrub teams' which was pretty real an embarassment

9. GrayGhost1951

GrayGhost1951 Starter

Bortles is so bad he makes M8 look good.

I wonder if our D will ever cover a RB?

10. CalgaryTitansFan

CalgaryTitansFan Pro Bowler

This is my concern. Without an abundance of significant division injuries, i really don't see this team making the playoffs. Next year will be much worse if the same scheme and staff are kept in place. Even if there's a new OC, i don't think it'll help because the scheme is terrible, and doesn't play to the rosters strengths.

That said, really wish our game was Sunday instead of Saturday. Missed the last two in Mexico, flying home Sunday so gonna miss this one as well. That said, I'll be avoiding the outcome of this one so I can watch it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar