Post-Game Thread Titans 13, Broncos 10

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by TitanJeff, Dec 11, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. HonoluluYogi

HonoluluYogi Starter

One thing about Sims vs da Bears; he at least was in the right spot pretty consistantly and stayed on his feet, a big improvement over Cox. I thought that overall, that was an encouraging sign. Today he WAS making plays on the ball. This was a game with several heroes; I really thought this was by far the best our DBs played overall in the 2 years I'ved followed the Titans. And how about Tre McBride getting downfield to down that punt near the goal line! Without that play, I think the Broncos have the time to either tie us or pull out a win; the fumble may not have happened at all...

• High Five High Five x 2
    • Cheers Cheers x 1
  2. Titanup1982

Titanup1982 All-Pro

Which offensive PI's are you talking about?

3. Titanup1982

Titanup1982 All-Pro

Yeah that McBride play was crucial..

4. Mitch86

Mitch86 Pro Bowler

I said the same about Sims in the last game.. He was in position, he just didn't make the plays. He made a few today.

McCain made a play in the endzone.

Rashad Johnson (who?) Forced a fumble and defended a pass in the endzone iirc.

McBride made a great play on ST.

Avery sealed the game with a FF.

Had a lot of guys contribute today when they needed to. Mostly defense...not too often we can say that D won the game.

5. Black Mamba

Black Mamba Special Teams Standout

:trophy:

• High Five High Five x 1
    • LOL LOL x 1
  6. altitan

altitan Pro Bowler

MM8 has had a good season. He had a bad game today. However, our defense was able to make up for it. That what team is all about. Mariota is a 2nd year QB that ran a gimmick college offense. He will be fine we just need to have some patience as he continues to develop.
    The team is far above what most expected at this point. In the hunt for the playoffs in December and competative in every single game.
    Lets not act like we didnt win 5 games the last two years combined.

• High Five High Five x 3
    • Cheers Cheers x 3
  7. nbtoppers2

nbtoppers2 Pro Bowler

It was huge for the defense to win a game. Mariota won't be off like that again. the offensive line held miller I'm check. huge game by the rookie RT Conklin

• Cheers Cheers x 1
  8. SalmonSlayer

SalmonSlayer Pro Bowler

Sorry, I don't recall the exact play but they called 2 PI penalties on DW which killed our drive and backed us up. Also, the non calls for us was BS

• Hit the Target Hit the Target x 2
    • High Five High Five x 1
    • Cheers Cheers x 1
  9. GrayGhost1951

GrayGhost1951 Starter

The defense today was balling. Not only decent coverage, but outstanding tackling for the most part. Blake even looked good most of the day. Sims may save us a draft pick at DB, he was really good. A little more coaching and time to develop technique and he's a keeper. We had two turnovers today from FUMBLES! Hasn't happened all year. They were laying the wood. Denver is beat up. I would take whoever they play next week.

I don't know why Douglas went after that guy's knee, but that is a no no in the NFL. That said, for years Denver's O line was known for cut blocks that ended many careers. I can't conjure up much sympathy, and the guy didn't appear hurt.

Every NFL team runs pick plays, I think it's just because DW is so big that he get's called for PI. He did not extend his arms, which is usually the criteria for the call.

MM was....well....not impressive, except for his running. Way too many 3 and outs in the 2nd half. Missing Walker on that slant was just awful. I thought the game was over. I can't imagine them with Marshall. I hope our D will get that good someday.

ST's had some bad moments, but coverage was pretty good for the most part. Encouraging with KC coming up and Hill. Glad to see McBride out there. I would just bench Wright for the rest of the year. He's just phoning it in, and we aren't going to keep him.

10. SuperMariota

SuperMariota Starter

One of them probably counted for an additional 20 passing yards and a td pass. I think they were back to back. If not a play off.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar