Post-Game Thread Titans 12, Browns 9

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by TitanJeff, Oct 22, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. skitch

skitch Shut Up and Play Ball!

Let it go man!
    Terrible and worthless are 2 different things.
    It WAS a terrible win. However, to move to 4-3 and stay at the top of the division is NOT worthless.
    Google- Webster dictionary.
    PS- I didn’t “criticize fans”.....just you. Lol

2. Adrenalize74

Adrenalize74 Starter

When 90% of our plays start as a jumbo/max-protect/bunch set, it doesn't really matter if you are running or passing. The box is stacked vs the run 90% of the time and the personnel isn't out there to make an audible very effective.

Until we start running some spread formations and using 4-5 receivers (including the TE) regularly, we are going to continue to struggle. I cant fathom why Robisky/Mularky don't understand that, its a pretty basic fundamental.

Also, if you watch the routes the receivers are running, they are terrible, its no wonder they are rarely wide open.

3. Titanup1982

Titanup1982 All-Pro

Can you quote me on worthless win. Then I can blame it on alcohol. I meant terrible..

4. meekmode

meekmode Starter

hard to get excited about a win when the reward is keeping mularkey and robiskie longer.

• Boring Boring x 1
  5. Titanup1982

Titanup1982 All-Pro

Oops, I didn't mean to say worthless.. I meant terrible.

I don't recall saying this was a worthless win. Just defined worthless and terrible.

I'm drunk as **** right now.

I'll state that this was a terrible win. Worthless win? NO..

6. titantrusince82

titantrusince82 I'm down with the Titans for better or worse

Realistically, our Oline is not really that good against the run. With the exception of DeMarco's run against Sea. and Derrick's run against Indy, our run game has been sub par (**D. Henry do did well against Jax). Also, look up Cleveland's D against the run. They are not bad. However, our Oline is suppose to be top #3. Our Oline is "suppose" to push any Dline in the league back 1 yard when we have multiple chances to score at their 1 yard line.

It's their secondary that we should have went after.
    Terry needs to let Marcus throw the ball down the F'N field sometime and use your WRs. Give Decker and Taylor some love in the passing game. C. Davis HAS to be ready by the time we play Baltimore.

I DEMAND that my good friend JR address these issues to Mike and Terry by COB today. Before they say their goodbyes and enjoy a quick vaca on their bye week, JR must tell both of them that the Offense has to be addressed.

The Defense "Won" this game for us. Cleveland did not score a TD. I love it!
    I don't see Cryp helping us. I just don't. As much trash as I talk about DeMarco, he suits up each week.

This was a HUGE game for us. If we lost this game, we go into the bye week a very frustrating 2 weeks for Every Titan Player, Coach, Fan, and Fan's Family Members (because I know I would have been a jerk around the house and at work).

We can fly out of Clev. knowing that we won a trap game and REMAIN in 1st Place in the Division. That's 2 wins in a row. I don't like how we won, but we won.

The Titans have at least checked off five of my accomplishments by the Bye Week Goals....

Beat Seattle
    Beat Indy
    Beat Jax
    Winning Record at the Bye Week
    1st at the Bye Week.

So with all of that said, Congrats Fellas!!!!!! We're going into the Bye in first place!!!!

• High Five High Five x 1
  7. JR1980

JR1980 Pro Bowler

Be concerned...be very concerned....Sure, we won. That isn’t saying much though. We got Ravens, Bengals, Steelers after the bye. This bs we showed the last 2 weeks isn’t getting it done against any of those teams. We better figure this play calling and vs out in 2 weeks. Hopefully disability Davis will be back by then.

8. Adrenalize74

Adrenalize74 Starter

We are stuck with both Mularke and Robisky for the remainder of the season regardless of what happens.....unfortunatly

• Hit the Target Hit the Target x 1
  9. MariGOATa

MariGOATa Starter

Their scared to put Mariota in a bad

And what OC or HC is coming in here running that package? 2nd, if thats your offense, what do you do with Demarco, Derrick, and Delanie? As none of them thrive in that type of offense? Our best back for that would be Muhammed but you are already on record saying he is trash.

10. Aqutis30

Aqutis30 Do you mind - NOT being a Motaur?

I had to watch the dvr'd game because I had to make the 3 hour trek from Martin TN back home to Murfreesboro, but here are my take aways:

1. The play calling was so bad, and even worse so predictable. How many snaps into that first drive till we saw that little pitch play to the inside? Three? Four? At one point during the game it seemed like they were running about 10 plays over and over again.

2. Something is wrong with this O Line. They are not performing like they did last season, getting consistently blown up at the LOS and our RB's take lots of tackles for losses. This leads into........

3. Thank God for the bye, but Murray and Henry did not play well at all. This of course could be a compounding of a lot of factors (i.e #2). When I watch Murray, the man is simply slow as a snail. Today Henry looked like he was running in about 2nd gear out of 5 gears. Are these guys tired from Monday night?

4. MM8 is not close 100%. That self sack he took was evident that those hammy's are still ailing him pretty good. On that rush to the 1st down marker he looked like he pulled up some as soon as he hit the white line. He needs to spend a lot of time with the team doctors in rehabbing.

5. It was almost like nobody knew how to catch a football today...Walker? Decker?

6. I don't buy the win is a win thing. This is a Browns team we should of blown the doors off of. 3 INT's and only 3 points to show for them?

7. Defense and Succop won this game. The Defense should be getting tired of bailing this offense out every game.

John Robinson has to of watched this game and been like WTF is this chit?

• High Five High Five x 4
    • Hit the Target Hit the Target x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar