Titanium and goTitans.com make the papers!

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by TitanJeff, Jan 5, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hoffa

Hoffa Freak you you freakin' freak

I haven't been able to get on this site during the game, or 90% of the time after the game because SERVER IS TOO BUSY...TRY LATER,
    so by all means let's add lot's new members...
    :rolleyes:

2. PhiSlammaJamma

PhiSlammaJamma Critical Possession

I was a long time member over at Clutchfans.net, which I believe is the biggest sports fan site on the web, primarily because it was born at the time the www took off, and now because yao ming attracts a lot, and I mean a lot of Asian fans, but they ran into similar server problems on a much larger scale. Their solution has been two fold. They started a tip jar where people could donate funds. In their case, that really helped, but after the influx from China, it became really difficult on the server, and so during games they appear to have resorted to only allowing members to enter the forum, and they don't let non members go in. You could also limit it to only paid members to streamline it even more. I know they struggled with this ethical issue for a long time, but they became so big they had no choice but to start some more restrictive policies. Go Titans definately has some server issues to resolve during games.

Now, here is the really odd thing about Clutchfans. I am not even making this up. But there is a long time and credible poster on there called Jeff, who is an administrator, and is a very fair minded person. No kidding. And you want to know what is even weirder. There is an Austrailian dude named Smeggy who is also a monster poster over there, like Gunny is here. It's really kinda freaky.

3. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

I hate the thought of only paid members getting to enjoy gamedays in the forum.

I think the chat room is the main issue with the server issues on gameday. I am looking at options but all are rather pricey. I'll be continuing to investigate options but closing the chat room may be our only option.

4. PitBull

PitBull Bred to Brawl

I like that idea..

Congrats Titanium :notworth:

5. Childress79

Childress79 Loungefly ®

The chat room definitely cripples the server on game days.

6. Broken Record

Broken Record Biscuit Eater Staff

Yup. Hard core chatters might have to find an alternate server to chat on. I think yahoo might still have a free chat client that could work. Drawbacks would be that folks who don't have a yahoo account would have to sign up for one and it wouldn't be nearly as integrated...

7. TitanJeff

A chat hosted on another server would not be a bad idea. I've not found any good options which aren't expensive. But the hunt continues. I'll check yahoo chat.

8. Broken Record

Broken Record Biscuit Eater Staff

9. TitanJeff

I installed a chatroom lite program today. It can be viewed on the index page down where the stats are or by clicking the goChat option on the menu.

This thing is watered-down but is fast and doesn't appear to impact the server very much. Until another options comes along, this may be our best bet.

10. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

It seems like people using the forums as a chat room would hurt the server more than people in the chat. Could be wrong, but one is dedicated to 100 messages in a short span while the other isn't. The game day threads fill with more 1 liners than the chat room.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar