Titan WRs on the Rise

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by abc2330, Apr 10, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JR1980

JR1980 Pro Bowler

Sure does my friend...Our best years were lead by a great defense!

• Cheers Cheers x 1
  2. titanfanatic

titanfanatic I Piss Excellence Staff

Interesting stat for #Titans WR Tajae Sharpe. He had 26 receptions last year. 22 of them resulted in first downs.

Per-T.Davenport

• High Five High Five x 1
  3. PRAY IV M3RCY

PRAY IV M3RCY Pro Bowler

So with the addition of Humphries and Brown and another year in the same system common sense tells me we will be passing the ball more this year. Another part of me that has ptsd is telling me we will be a run first team.

• LOL LOL x 1
    • Cheers Cheers x 1
  4. Gut

Gut Pro Bowler

I think the answer is both! If we copy the Rams (and we should...we now have a better receiving corp/TE than they do), we'll be able to run and pass more often and more effectively!!! Our goals should be 4k for Mariota/Tann and 1700yds for Henry/Lewis.

Let's just hope Brown picks up the offense quickly and is our starting #2 from day 1 with Humphries in the slot and Taylor backing them up and maybe getting in on punt returns!

5. TitansWrath

TitansWrath Pro Bowler

We should be a balanced team. Let the defense dictate what we do. Line up three wide with walker on the line and Henry alone in the backfield.

If they come out nickel, let Henry stiffarm DBs all over the field. If they come out base, sling it all over the yard with the four capable pass catchers that are on the field.

And of course, if they wanna play man, have fun turning your back on Mariota.

The pieces are here for an offensive explosion. But I have been hurt too many times to believe.

• High Five High Five x 2
    • Cheers Cheers x 2
    • Hit the Target Hit the Target x 1
  6. Tricky

Tricky Starter

TBD. Theres a chance that if you put Corey, AJB, Hump, Delanie, Jonnu on the Rams they are better than Cooks, Woods, Kupp, Reynolds, Higbee, Everett. But... our guys certainly have not proven to be better than their's, outside of Delanie who may or may not be himself again.

I'm hopeful, but dont think our system will let us find out.

• High Five High Five x 1
  7. Gut

Gut Pro Bowler

I'd say it's more like our OL plus CD, Brown, Humphries, Delanie and Henry VERSUS their OL plus, Cooks, Woods, Kupp, Higbee and Gurley. If Henry runs like he did in December all year...and we stay healthy, I'd say we are at least as good. We run the same system so it's not a system thing as much as a playcalling thing. At least this year. We didn't have a decent talent matchup last year...but we do now.

8. nbtoppers2

nbtoppers2 Pro Bowler

You give Brown, a player who hasn't done **** yet, so much credit he doesn't deserve. I get he's the shiny new toy, but really?

9. Gut

Gut Pro Bowler

A few things...

First, that's a projection of what we should be. Brown - being a second round pick - and one who was one of the better plug and play wr's in the draft...should have as good a chance to start as anyone. Plus, he's doing all the thing you want to see of a guy who wants to be starting day 1. He's getting to practice first and staying late...both working on learning the playbook as well as running route and catching passes after practice. Can't really ask for more!

Second, we've seen other wr's take off as rookies. Just because that hasn't happened for the Titans too much in their history doesn't mean it can't happen. Only way for him to do stuff on the field is to put him on the field. How well he learns the playbook and different spots will let us know who's likely to be the top 3 to start. Will it be the vets...CD, Taylor, and Humphries...CD, Humphries, Taylor...or will Brown be in the #2 or #3?

It's still way too early, but yeah, I'm excited about what we have so far. LONG way to training camp...but not much else to talk about! So many way too early projections!!!

10. CJtheBeast

CJtheBeast Starter

I think Brown is gonna be too good to keep off the field and I really think we could be contenders this year because of it.

IF the playcalling is there and the defense is just the same as last year, don't even have to be better, we're contenders imo.

And is anybody else expecting the Madden curse to hit Mahommes?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar