Titan fans should be proud to have Vince Young

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by GoBoys, Dec 13, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GoBoys

GoBoys Guest

Cowboys/Texas Lonhgorns fan here.

I was watching ESPN Classic today and they were re-playing the 2005 Rose Bowl when Texas beat Michigan. Texas was down 31-21 going into the 4th quarter and VY led the Horns down the field 3 straight times to score and literally won the game by himself scoring back-to-back rushing touchdowns of 10 and 23 yards. He had 192 rushing yards and 180 passing yards. That's 372 yards of total offense by himself.

Everyone remembers the national title game against USC when they think of Vince, and while that game showed the entire nation how great he is, most don't realize he was always at his best when the game was on the line. I'm sure all of you guys became believers last Sunday in OT against the Texans. I'm glad I caught that re-play today because it reminded me how special a football player Vince truly is and inspired me to make this post. The guy just wins and he will make all of you proud to be Titan fans.

He made the entire state of Texas proud for 3 years.

I was so happy to have Vince start his first game against my Cowboys and thoroughly welcome him to the NFL. :evil:

Regardless, you guys should be proud to have such a special football player and the only time I won't be cheering for VY is when he lines up against my Cowboys.

2. we are very happy, except ewker

3. PitBull

PitBull Bred to Brawl

Thankyou..
    good luck in the playoffs.. Your QB Romo's looking good.

4. GoBoys

GoBoys Guest

We're all hoping Romo can become consistent in his play. We'll see how he responds to this past game.

5. GoTitans3801

GoTitans3801 Forward Progress!

Trust me, we're glad to have him. It's amazing what he's brought to this team, and we hope for more to come.

6. TNThunder

TNThunder Guest

I think it cuts both ways. Vince should be glad the Texans didn't draft him. With Fisher and Chow, I think this is the best place he could have ended up. It's working well for everyone.

7. wplatham

wplatham U of M Class of 2012

I thought he had 267 passing and 200 rushing in that game?

We all thought the "VY Followers" that showed up here after the draft were crazy, because there was post after post about how great he was and the amazing things he would do. And of course, most of us were skeptical. Not because we didn't like Vince, but because very few rookies had ever done anything like these guys claimed Vince would do. Well, we were wrong. He's done more in the past three weeks than we expected him to do in three years. And it's obvious why Texas fans talk about him the way they do. The guy is special, and I feel privileged to watch him every Sunday.

8. GLinks

GLinks Second Gear

That was last year's Rose Bowl. GoBoys is talking Michigan, the year before.

Anyway, yeah, we're extremely glad to have Vince here. He was the choice the majority of us wanted. Some of us didn't want him, but some of those probably didn't want to hang such lofty hopes and expectations on him, and elected the safer choice. His ties with Steve made him the obvious pick for us fans who wanted to see Steve's legacy continue, him being Vince's mentor. Vince was the one who could most quickly mend the loss of Steve, in a nutshell.

Now we're like, and more becoming, "Steve who?"

And yes, Romo's looking real good. Parcells was right about him. Good luck the rest of the way.

9. us VY followers won't ever go away, after the games you have seen him in, will you?

10. avvie

avvie It's another cold day in Hell Tip Jar Donor

Heck, he was barely ever mentioned here before he dropped Leinart in the Rose Bowl. I was very leery of the rush of VY jockriding that happened here immediately afterward, but I'm glad to say that it worked out for the best, and that I was wrong. See my fourth userbar below.

I'm excited and proud to be a Titan fan again.:)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar