Time to sit LenDale

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by TitanJeff, Oct 8, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Yossarian

Yossarian I am Him.

our OLine deserves more credit than LenDale does, they're the ones really boosting our production

2. Smash

Smash 2017 Survivor Winner

They are also the ones who let de opponent defense make tackles in the backfield og at the LOS.

3. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

How did the Raiders game inflate anything?

Are you saying Chris Brown's 5.3 ypc makes him a better RB? The guy hasn't done squat since the first game of the season.

Fans need to understand that White plays within a system. Fisher is going to run the ball inside against defenses stacked in to stop the run and is happy to accept 3-4 yard gains. He's content to use three downs to get a first down. His goal is to use 6-7 minutes to drive down the field for a score and rest his defense.

White is never going to be a 5.0 ypc RB because he doesn't have the breakaway speed in the open field. What Fisher wants to have in White is consistency knowing he's going to get 2-3 yards in the first three quarters of a game and 3-5 in the fourth every time he touches the football.

4. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

too his YPC from 3.3 to 3.6
    that's all well and dandy, but when there is nothing inside and he tries to break it outside where is nothing but green grass in front of him, he gets caught for a one yard gain. there is a great example in the panthers game.
    well if that's the case i don't see why people wanted eddie george gone so badly, we're getting the same type of production out of him.

5. TitanJeff

He earned those yards. You want to randomly remove his longer carries for what reason? Maybe we should also remove those where he is asked to pound it into a team with nine in the box to stop him on 3rd-and-1.

It must not happen much because he has a 3.6 ypc average.

Eddie didn't put up 3.6 after 2000 when he ran for 3.7, had 1509 yards and 14 TDs rushing -- the best season of his career.

6. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

yes he did, but it does inflate his YPC. just like drew bennett's three games of insanity in 2003.

lots of other runningbacks don't seem to have trouble averaging 4 YPC even when they have to convert in short yardage.

7. GoTitans3801

GoTitans3801 Forward Progress!

Both of these comments cut back the other way. I'm sure other backs averages would drop below 4 YPC if you took out their best games or carries.

You can't modify a stat and then look at it in comparison to other, full stats.

I agree that Lendale hasn't been a superstar, but he's gotten the job done. Whether or not it's pretty, I don't care.

8. TitanJeff

Wouldn't you then be griping because he can't but the occasional longer run?

Again, White isn't a breakaway runner. You are not going to see him with more than a handful of 20+ yard carries all season.

The guy is on pace to break 1,200 yards and 10 TDs on the worst passing game in the league. He's in the top 10 in the league right now -- four spots ahead of Travis Henry.

His ypc average is higher then Larry Johnson or Shaun Alexander.

I took my share of shots at him for not being in shape but he's handing out the shaddup juice right now.

9. Yossarian

Yossarian I am Him.

what?!, how many times have you seen that happen in comparison to last year,

a RB is only as good as the men in front of him

10. Blazing Arrow

Blazing Arrow The 12th man

The things with L-Dub is he is gaining momentum. At the end of the season if he is still pounding the ball on bruised up D-lines we will see him start to get more ypc and more broken tackles.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar