Time to sit LenDale

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by TitanJeff, Oct 8, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Titans2008

Titans2008 Camp Fodder

All I'm saying is that I know a good running back when I see one, and LW is not it. He doesn't have great instincts, he doesn't have great balance, he doesn't always make the right cut, and on top of that he is plain lazy. Not exactly a winning combination. I know he is averaging 3.6 ypc yada yada. What does that mean? There are only two other running backs in the league that are in LW's situation and they both have a better ypc (I'm betting, didn't bother to look this crap up since it seems so obvious to someone that's seen every game). I know that one is hurt and the other has his weaknesses that probably outweigh his running ability at this point, but it is disturbing that we are giving the vast majority of our carries to the worst RUNNING back on our team. Do you not think that there are at least 20 other backs (heck, probably 30) in the league that would have over 4 ypc on our team?

The facts:
    1) LW has the lowest ypc on our team.
    2) LW is at best outside the top 20 HB's in the league.

Conclusion:
    1) His limited success is due to parts of the running success equation that don't involve his own efforts, namely our stellar O-Line play.
    2) LW needs less carries, a diet, and a year in the weight room.

2. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

3. LT21Titans27

LT21Titans27 Tebow Apostle

I really dont care what anyone says, hes top 10 statistically in Tds and rushing yards, he can kill the clock, and thats what I want

4. Blazing Arrow

Blazing Arrow The 12th man

This post takes least sense of the month post in my book ....

5. Blazing Arrow

Blazing Arrow The 12th man

LT21Titans27

time to change your sig and avatar .. we are 6-2 .. keep an eye out htough we are about to hit 7-2 :))

6. Titans2008

Titans2008 Camp Fodder

Yea, you're right... as long as we're winning, we shouldn't make moves that make us better. Only after we lose a few games can we criticize an obvious weak spot. Let's let this thread die so I can bring it up the next time we lose a game, LW averages 2 ypc, and there are numerous threads started about how he sucks again.

7. A Fightin'Titan

A Fightin'Titan Starter

I agree but only very slightly. He does seems slow at times and all his runs SEEM to only go for a yard or two, but his stats ARE THE BOTTOM LINE.He is 9th in the league for yards. Tied four way for 7th in TD's. He's at the top ten for almost everything. He does consistently move piles and with a 3.6 average will "get us a first down" just handing him the ball three times. Perfect for Fisher's gameplan. Sometimes you just got to leave well enough alone. If Vince can pick it up we'll be really good.

8. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

If fixing a weakness is the issue, you better start with #10 first.

As for an upgrade to White, what would you suggest? Brown's gimpy. Henry is about to go on a four-week vacation. Bring back Ganther? Skip Hicks?

9. Carpy

Carpy Disgruntled foreign veteran

Time to go to the eye doctor, because your eyes are failing you. LW is not a GREAT RB, but he is certainly a good one, and a very good fit for our team. Watch him this weekend. Watch how he squares his shoulders at the Line of Scrimmage to ensure he is going north-south on contact. He does this as well as any RB in the league.

This team needs a tough RB who can carry the load. Luckily for us, that's exactly what we've got.

How many RBs have had 3 consecutive 100-yard games going into this weekend? Just 1.

10. Carpy

Carpy Disgruntled foreign veteran

And what's with the continual "Lendale is lazy" crap.

Since reporting to the off-season workouts out of shape, he lost every pound he needed to and reported at exactly his requested weight. Since then he has done everything asked of him by the coaching staff, has not had a single off-field incident and is getting better as the season goes on.

But because he doesn't have the body shape people want, he is considered lazy? He hasn't missed any time this year with injuries, he hasn't missed a practice session, he is never out of position (so I am presuming he is spending some time studying his play-book), so why is he lazy?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar