Time to not let Chow call plays

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by deeluxx3, Sep 18, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. deeluxx3

deeluxx3 Camp Fodder

I am sick of Norm Chow's crappy playcalling. Im pretty sure every time we've started a set of downs in the redzone we have Ran, Ran, then Passed. If we would get a little more aggresive and unpredictable in the RZ, we could have beaten the Colts and murdered the Jags.

This guy is so overrated as an OC...yeah, he's a great coach Monday thru Saturday, but Im sick of his crap. He cant coach with a lead, either. Its time for someone else to call the plays.

2. Slackmaster

Slackmaster Starter

Sounds like a Jags forum all the sudden.

3. deeluxx3

deeluxx3 Camp Fodder

been sayin this since last year...this guy cant call plays. there is very little evidence supporting any arguement that Chow is an effective/unpredictable playcaller.

4. Childress79

Childress79 Loungefly ®

I's a little early to be calling for his head.

Chow did wonders for Young last year.We've played two games,we don't even know our identity as a team yet so chill out & be patient.

5. Puck

Puck Pro Bowler

kinda reminds me of the good 'ol Les Steckel days

6. deeluxx3

deeluxx3 Camp Fodder

Again, Monday thru Saturday, this guy is a genius. Sunday, though, I feel like Im watching the offensive version of Jim Schwartz.

We dont know our identity? The Titans will always be a "pound the rock" team. Chow's predictible runs are easy to call out...even out of the shotgun. His formations are very basic and are not confusing to even the dumbest of defenses. Even though Vince's deep ball leaves a lot to be desired, we do have speedy receivers who can get downfield and behind slower corners. Why dont we take more chances down the field? Why dont we have more QB runs like we did last year? Why don't you spread out the receivers when it's obvious even before the play that the other team is going to bring the house? Yeah, Im talking about SUnday's last play.

7. SEC 330 BIPOLAR

SEC 330 BIPOLAR jive turkey

wax on. wax off.

8. Titanpride

Titanpride Insider

I don't think it's so much Chow calling the wrong play, I think He has to adapt to Young's style. I also think there is way to much time between plays... he needs to get Young into a rhythm and speed up the time in the huddle.

9. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

i don't like his red zone play calling. i'm more of a pound it in there kind of guy, either that or give vince the run/pass option on the bootleg. but i think chow has done a great job between the twenties when it comes to play calling.

10. wg53

wg53 Starter

The only thing wrong with his play calling is that he doesn't attack deep often enough. A few more times a game and I'd be happy. And that he wants to run offtackle on short yardage plays instead of letting Vince sneak it. Other than that he has done a pretty damn good job.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar