Time To Mourn?

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by DCtitan49, Mar 26, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. I thought you would accosiate mourning with someone died, I was a little worried going on to this thread...

The titans will bounce back, Henry was our biggest loss, but we've got LW to live up to his hype, the whole Pacman fiasco is messed up in my eyes...

2. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

well at least there was effort put into the post.

3. DJB

DJB Starter

I'm not going to judge this offseason until I see the finished product

4. Riverman

Riverman That may be.... Tip Jar Donor

I agree with others that it is legitimate to criticize the off-season THUS FAR. We have done much to replace key losses. Maybe that will change when some "A" players are cut this summer to spread cap hits.

5. CrimsonTitan

CrimsonTitan Guest

I think we're screwed

6. GoTitans3801

GoTitans3801 Forward Progress!

Time to mourn?

Come on, if anything, last season should have shown that you have to wait until all the games are played to see what the season will be like.

This hasn't gone how I expected it to or wanted it to, but I'm still going to be excited when August gets here!

7. DCtitan49

DCtitan49 Guest

Why is everyone saying Ginn, Bowe, or Jarrett can automatically come in and be a dominant force on this offense, how often does a first round reciever get drafted to a team and make a big difference??? to add insult to injury we arent picking in the top 15 and at the bottom of the top 20, recievers like Ginn, Johnson, and Jarrett might not even be there, the draft cant solve all our problems, teams dont draft players to come in and make a immediate difference, the draft is for the future.
    And is Losing bennett and Wade doesnt hurt our team then it definatly doesnt help it, teams that loose theyre top revievers and starting running back dont usually come back next season like nothign happened unless they address those needs in the offseason. But we havent. I know this free agency period was weak, but i stick by my case and say "we coulda done a hell of alot better job."

8. BigSteve09

BigSteve09 Camp Fodder

unless we somehow bust a costco/sams club type deal where we get like 5 all stars for 1, then yes, we're doomed.

9. Riverman

Riverman That may be.... Tip Jar Donor

I don't believe we are doomed. I'm pissed because we've had 3 consecutive .500 or less seasons and we've approached our roster like we are in year one of re-building. We let a few key guys go that contributed to our run last year and haven't replaced them. Draft replacement strategy pays off in year 3 usually- year 2 if we're lucky. And as another poster mentioned, our picks aren't that great.

I'd like to see some productive upside vets picked up with cap purges in June. If not, then I don't see any other way than to write off '07.

10. ammotroop

ammotroop Airforce MAN

Ok...calm down.....season is a long way off. Enjoy the draft, mini, training, and preseason first. Who knows what happens between now and then.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar