Time to extend Albert?

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by TitanJeff, Sep 17, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

Haynesworth has been a monster so far this season. Anyone think that the front office may begin working to get him signed long-term?

2. Architect

Architect Pain Train

Yeah, use some of our remaining cap space from this year. He still does that "fake an injury so i can get a breather" bull that I hate. Just needs to get his fat but in shape

3. BigRed3

BigRed3 Straight Cash, Homey

A little part of me thinks that he's playing well because it's a contract year.

4. bulluck4dMVP

bulluck4dMVP Pro Bowler

It's a little too early in the year, but i'd certainly open conversations with his agent about it.

5. Ewker

Ewker Starter

If he has a great yr he will get big bucks from us or another team. Then he can go back to his old ways next yr

6. JMB54

JMB54 Waitin on a Win!

Although through the years he has taken plays off, he still is a major force in the middle of our d-line. I say if he keeps his play at this level a few more weeks they should bring something to the table.

7. Carpy

Carpy Disgruntled foreign veteran

If he continues to play like he has been, he either gets an extension from us, or we use the Franchise Tag on him. Albert ain't going anywhere next year.

8. Ewker

Ewker Starter

seriously doubt they would put the Franchise tag on him...wasn't Bishop the last player to get that?

9. MJTitans

MJTitans Chris Whitley look him up

It's a game of chicken a bit - if we wait too long to extend him and he continues to play like this, then his price tag goes up and up. I've seen enough to throw him a bone and extend him now.

10. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

He's worth it.

Even at the level he has been all his career he is well worth a $4-5M type deal. Without him next year we will half to use a rd 1 or 2 pick on a DT.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar